My last post listed the foods that I had to give up for the Whole30.
This post will list the things I'm gaining for the Whole30. Not all food related. Which is part of the non-food benefits of the Whole30 in the first place.
1. First of all, I'm prioritizing time with friends (during vacation) and my photography hobby. I took this photo with my submersible camera in a tide pool. Awesomeness!
2. I can still drink really good coffee on the Whole30. I finally made it to the Portola Coffee Lab in Costa Mesa, CA. Fantastic cup of coffee. All served up by people wearing lab coats and brewing using lab looking instruments. Dream come true! Very much worth the trip if you are in Orange County, CA. It is not far from John Wayne Airport and IKEA.
Skip the bread.... really, your body will thank you!, as the label suggests and use it for meat. I've also been using coconut oil (chicken and Brussels sprouts) and avocado oil (on shrimp) just a little bit more.
4. I'm sleeping more soundly and winding down at night much easier. I get very tired, in a relaxing sort of "sleep now this minute" sleep. Less time on the internet or TV. That's okay with me.
6. Headache free so far. I do get occasional headaches. None so far.
7. A little less stressed and more focused. We'll see how long it lasts!
That's it so far. I've adapted pretty well with my to-go snacks and I've adjusted what I need to pack in my lunch. As long as I batch cook ahead and plan ahead, it's very doable.
Any questions? Anyone with plans to do a Whole30 this year?