Thursday, October 25, 2012

Paleo, Primal, Low Carb Resources , Fasting

Paleo & Primal Resources-my favorite

Reading & Blogs Paleo & Primal
The Paleo Solution  (Robb Wolf)
Marks Daily Apple  (Mark Sisson)
The Whole30           (Melissa Hartwig)
Top Paleo Bloggers resources   (Alison Golden from the Paleo/NonPaleo website)\

Auto-Immune Protocol
The Paleo Mom (Sarah Ballantyne, PhD) ** she's not a low carb fan, but good AIP info**
The Wahls Protocol Terry Wahls, MD (MS, Auto-Immune diseases, clinical trials)
AutoImmune Wellness Mickie Trescott and Angie Alt
Phoenix Helix          (Eileen) Great AIP resources

Processed Food Addiction

Dr. Joan Ifland, PhD - Processed Food Addiction Resources, low cost support and recovery group, food addiction quiz

Blogs Low Carb

Low Carb Dietitian - Franziska Spritzler, a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator
Diet Doctor  Largest Low Carb Group in the world


Recipes:
Nom Nom Paleo     (Michelle Tam)
Sarah Fragoso          (Sarah Fragoso, recipe link)
Balanced Bites        (Diane Sanfilippo)


Podcasts: Paleo/Primal


Vinnie Tortorich                  (Vinnie Tortorich and Anna Vocino)
Paleo Solution Podcast        (Robb Wolf)
Nom Nom Paleo Podcast     (Michelle Tam)

The Primal Blue Print         (Mark Sisson)

Dishing Up Nutrition           (Nutritional Weight and Wellness)


Podcasts: More Favorites, not all Paleo/Primal
Freakonomics Radio                       (Stephen Dubner)
Stuff Mom Never Told You            (How Stuff Works)
TedTalks                                          (Ted Conferences)
Happier with Gretchen Rubin         (Gretchen Ruben)
Quit Binge Eating Podcast             (Alen Standish)
Half Size Me Podcast                      (Heather Robertson)
The Rich Roll Podcast                    (Rich Roll)
This Is Your Life                             (Michael Hyatt)
Simple Life Together                       (Dan & Vanessa Hayes)
Sober Conversations                         (Herby Bell)
The Tim Ferris Show                        (Tim Ferris)
Bulletproof Radio                             (Dave Asprey)
Ben Greenfield Fitness                      (Ben Greenfield)
Found my Fitness                              (Rhonda Patrick, PhD)
60-Second Science                            (Scientific American)
Dr. Drew Podcast                              (Dr. Drew)
Over Eaters Anonymous                   (OA)
Overeaters Anonymous Virtual         (OA)
Speakers Bureau             


 Books:

Everyday Paleo & Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook  (Sarah Fragoso)
The Paleo Solution Diet   (Robb Wolf)
The Primal Blueprint       (Mark Sisson)
Practical Paleo                  (Diane Sanfillippo)
It Starts With Food       (Dallas and Melissa Hartwig)
AltShift Lasting Fat Loss  (Jason Seib)


Just a few of my favorite resources. Very glad that I've embraced the Paleo & Primal template.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for all of these resources, Karen. Re: the Paleo/Primal recipes, do you usually just calculate the calories yourself? I've noticed that most "real food" cookbooks/recipes don't include that info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, great question Hils. Here's the scoop. The hard core, paelo principles don't include nutrition stats or any thing like that. Basically, the paelo crowd says- eat clean paleo and you won't need to count calories.

    That being said, I'm a paleo hybrid sort of person. When I was loosing weight,and during the first 6-9 months on maintenance- I did weigh and measure everything. I used my fitness pal to calculate the nutrition information.

    It was my best way to figure out calories, fat, carbs, protein. Now that I've had more practice, I don't have to track that much. But, I did learn excellent lessons from tracking that I absolutely needed to learn. So glad I did. I will do a blog post on that soon, too.

    My "I'm full so stop eating" switch is somewhat broken, so I spent a longer time tracking, until I could gather data on what was working for me before I stopped tracking my food.

    ReplyDelete