|My favorite Paleo Speakers are all lined up! PaleoFx 2015|
Try it, and change or move along to something else if doing this doesn't work.
Here's what I've noticed:
0. All of my favorite Paleo People are feeling better eating this way.
0.5 They share their stories.
1. Try it for 30 days (or more) and if it doesn't work, that's okay, move along.
2. The resources are almost all either free online, free down loadable materials,
3, Or a book you can check out at the local library or buy for very, very low cost.
4. There is usually a podcast you can download about the topic you are interested.
5. If a leader's thinking & learning and current thought processes changes, they will change themselves and their recommendations.
Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson, Sarah Fragoso, Jason Seib, Michelle Tam,Terry Wahls, MD, and more.
Their message is clear to me. Think for yourself. Experiment on yourself. Try it yourself.
All of them have tried it, adjust it to themselves, their lives, their epi-genetics, their age, their culture, their family, their tastes, and to some - their auto-immune disease.
If it doesn't work, walk away and try something else. Or modify. They don't say there's only 1 way. Or it's their way or the highway. I highly respect that. There isn't one way, but I'll bet there's 2-3 ways that will work better for an individual. Based on many inputs to the self equation. I respect those who find the way that works and share their stories with others.
Hey! PaleoFX is live streaming on two stages. For Free!
What's working for me
0. I feel so, so much better eating grain free, mostly sugar free, dairy free, legume free, and nut free.
0.5 I enjoy sharing my story.
1. I tried it and never stopped self experimenting.
2 I read new research, books, & approaches, and thought processes with a continuing education mindset.
3. The best takeaways are inexpensive or free. Google and my library card and Amazon Prime rock.
4. Podcasts, I'm a a fan.
5. If I have to change things up, I do. And managing that change is essential. Since Feb 2012 I've removed dairy, nuts, dried fruits, most forms of soy and rice.
What didn't work for me in the past:
0. Moderately eating grains, sugars, dairy, legumes, and nuts.
0.5 I did not feel comfortable being myself. Or being boss about what I put in my body.
1. I thought that because WW was the #1 ranked plan, that I was a failure if it didn't work for me.
2. I couldn't get off the sugars and grains long enough (AKA withdrawls) to see if it worked or not.
3. I paid for a lot of weight loss and weight maintenance items without owning the mindset first.
4. Life before Podcasts was "less fun" ;)
5. I didn't manage my life changes as well. Moderating the foods that triggered my binge eating kept me stuck for a long time.
Okay, who are your favorite thought leaders and why? Paleo or non-Paleo. Paleo is just a tool I use for long term health. It's one tool. Not totally one stop shopping, but close! What helped you the most when you were making your permanent changes to weight management?