What's working for me September 2017
1.I go through a Quarterly Weight graph review. Here's a peek at what I review quarterly. Failure for me to look at different trend lines = weight gain for me. So I'll look back 1-2 years. Here's a Q3 2017 look back into 2016.
My answer to is Intermittent Fasting correlated to a lean weight maintenance body and favorable outcomes. Answer: YES!!! Also, did my total intake calorie wise contribute to my 2015 to 2016 weight gain? Probably not. More to come on this.
Thanks to Heads Up Health, I can look at my data over time. Not an ad, just a tool that I use.
|Body weight VS Calorie Intake Jan 2016 to Dec 2016|
Another tool- My Fitness Pal. I noticed that the "challenges" like OATMEAL would have me weight gaining and not in weight maintenance. Careful what ads and challegenges you get exposed to on that free version of the app. Try 30 days grain free and see what that does. How do you look, feel and perform? How's your two hour post glucose after you reintroduce OATMEAL? Key learnings.
|2011 to 2017 long term weight maintenance|
2. Portable LCHF/Keto/Paleo meals on my beach walks. Yep!!! Roasted chicken, sauteed cabbage, guacamole, pink salt, balsalmic vinegar, and olive oil. For the WIN!!! My work insurance discount is in early October 2017. Bringing my own lunch helps financially for planning for my life goals. WIN-WIN!
3. Eating to keep my health goals in mind is one part, but the other part is getting out to the beach to releax, take photos and be in nature It helps my weight maintenance game for sure. And #walkingforweight maintenance is another helpful tool in my maintenance plans.
|Carlsbad Cliffs, Sept 2017|
|Carlsbad Tide Pools Sept 2017|
What didn't work in the past
1. Not reviewing key data like body weight, food tracking, and taking action within 1- 2 months of weight gain.
2. Eating WW enchiladas (low fat/ high carb) or Lean Cuisine Pizzas and thinking I was going to get lean and it was cuisine. Neither was true and I had my head in the sand about thinking weight loss/weight maintenance was totally calories in, calories out. Those matter, but so do food quality and processed carbs. Sigh. OATMEAL was not a lean, normal weight food. In fact, OATMEAL was a key driver to almost being diagnosed a type 2 diabetic.
3. Walking a lot while morbidly obese was possible, but I got plantar fascitis and almost had to cancel a family walking trip out of it. Of course, adding in high inflammatory food to fuel and the extra weight did NO FAVORS to my health and well being. But they told me I could have a Skinny Cow Ice cream and walk off the points!?!?? Somehow I knew it wouldn't work but I didn't want to stop getting food high. Food Addiction stinks.
Hope you are all well this Fall season. Plan for the holidays now. We are a little less than 100 days away from the end of the year. Plan now how you'll deal with the junk food. Escape Common VS Normal right now. Probably a blog post on that, soon!