Sunday, October 28, 2012
Fast Food should not be "normal"- video from Yoni Freedhoff
Fast Food should not be "normal" video
I really liked this youtube video from Yoni Freedhoff.
I agree with his message. There is very little fast food I can eat and stay at my goal weight now that I eat from a Paleo/ Primal template. And that is a good thing, in my opinion. It will keep me healthier, longer.
I can modify some restaurants to make items work.
1. Chipolte- salad bowl with meat, lettuce, salsa, and guacamole
2. California Pizza Kitchen- Cobb salad, no croutons. Ask for oil and vinegar or bring my own for dressing.
3. The Counter-Custom Built Burger- fabulous, I can build my own. No bun and only Paelo type fixings. Love.
4. Food Trucks- there are several local food trucks with Paleo offerings, so lucky!
5. Mexican- fajitas with vegetables, add guacamole- hold the tortillas and chips.
At nicer restaurants
5. Seafood - very tricky to make certain that flour hasn't been dusted around.
6. Steaks- yes, this works. Pair with a salad.
What doesn't work so well