Wednesday, November 21, 2018

8 years of Food Sober Thanksgivings- Keep Calm and Weight Maintenance ON!

It's my 8th year of Food Sober Living and Food Sober Thanksgiving.

Keep Calm and Weight Maintenance ON!!!! (#KCWMO)

I'm also taking David Garcia's Thanksgiving pledge. (link) He's been #KCWMO longer than I have.

A lot has changed. But my clothes have not. Still wearing my size 6 revenge pants.

Not dead yet from eating red meat. In fact, I'm living my best life ever. Lowest amount of pain, allergies, acne, and illness. So glad I figured it out, never would have thought I'd be aging in reverse.

You'd better bet I'm going to have a big plate of beef brisket, salad greens, and some 85% chocolate on my plate. And, yes, my clothes will still fit. 8 years of it. Love it.  Eggs and Kale for breakfast. Will probably make some bacon, too.

I'll be fasting after 2pm. Keeps me lean.

Keep calm, weight maintenance on #KCWMO

One thing that I still have to remember, since I've been food sober so long, is that I am still a food addict in recovery. I can still fall prey to my own slippery slope thinking.

So to my brothers and sisters who abstain from their binge triggers, please know that you are not alone. I will be abstaining again, for the 8th year in a row.

Thankful for all that I have and for my commenters. Thankful for thinking for myself and good risk assessment tools. A life better than I could ever imagine.

Thankful for the ability to take long beach walks!








8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post!!! I'll be "food sober" tomorrow, too, because I have chosen to spend a quiet day alone, reading and walking. Clearly, I'm not American, according to my friends. But I have not liked Thanksgiving food for years. And I intend to stay food sober over the holiday season at work (where the real challenge lies when people bring in tons of food and we have a carry in) and with my family. Following you, this will be my first holiday without indulging. It's not worth it.

    Thank you for being a beacon of reason, Karen, and a great role model. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have time for yourself at the holidays. I think you'll be pleased on Friday with how you are feeling about yourself and for the Friday ahead. I always am. Such a treat. Enjoy and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks turkey is not good. I can get cranberry sparkling water. LOL. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! And thank you, as always, for your honesty and inspiration. I am grateful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post...and I will always be a good addict..just because I’ve got it under control ‘in recovery’ doesn’t mean the tendencies are not still there....glad you recognized that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Key point MaryFran, the longer I'm in recovery, the easier it gets, but it's also easy to forget that I have to be mindful at all times of the disease that is in remission. Onward. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  4. Your blog is one of my favorites. No one else presents this point of view and it helps me so much. Most people are just very touchy freely, with Alito of "you're eating too little!!!! Starvation mode!!!" and its frustrating. thank you again for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, thank you!!! We will (or should) spend much more time in weight maintenance than in weight loss- so plenty of time to get n=1 data, take what works, leave the rest behind. It's very clear that I'll regain if I don't do this. The only price I pay is for the time and decision making of thinking for myself. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete