I'm following the Dr. Timothy Noakes hearings in South Africa with interest.
I applaud Dr. Noakes for speaking up and speaking out. His website has more information
. I'm a big fan of Dr. Noakes.
From 1971- 2011 I was either obese, normal weight but fighting overweight and binge eating like a champ.
Once I lost the weight, I switched to a Lower Carb, Higher Natural Fat, Paleo-ish, No Sugar No Grains approach.
By doing so, I turned off my genetic coding for the extra ghrelin and my many obesity FTO Genes. I still have the obesity and overeating genetics, however that switch is OFF.
|FTO obesity genes, double homozygous, yet no longer obese (my 23nMe report)|
|Extra ghrelin geneotype, no longer having binge urges, LCHF for the win and normal hormone response|
It's not my fault that I have these genetics, however it is my responsibility to find tools like LCHF that help me minimize my obesity and type 2 diabetes risks. I'm worth it. We are all worth using effective tools to take care of ourselves and live in the least amount of pain and medication possible.
For me, eating adequate fat from real, natural foods and minimizing high process carbohydrates has been a real life saver.
Here's how LCHF works for me:
1. No longer obese
2. No longer fighting most binge urges
3. Have stable blood glucose
4. Have much lower visceral fat
5. Have high energy levels
6. I have good, acne free skin
7. I have very little joint pain
8. I can slide on the same pair of size 6 jeans for the past 3.75 years
9. I have adequate good cholesterol so I can have good over all hormone functions
10. I feel 29 instead of 49.
Here's what didn't work for me in the past. AKA- high carbs, lower fat. All things that were told I had to do to to be "healthy". All these things were backwards, wrong, and quite harmful.
1. I was obese, eat more whole grains the guidelines said
2. I had binge urges 20-30 per day. Eat all things in moderation but count points WW said.
3. I had super high and getting higher blood glucose, nearly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, Eat lots of whole grains and fruit said the ADA.
4. I had very harmful, disease producing visceral fat, So many people told me this is what happens in menopause!!!?? It's "normal" Whut??
5. I sat around after meals sleepy and numbed out from even high natural carbs. I sat ALOT.
6. I had deep cystic acne. It was claimed that diet and food has nothing to do with it.
7. I had so much joint pain I took 300-400 ibuprofens a year and felt like I was 80 years old
8. I had 4-5 different sized jeans because I could not stop binge eating. I spent a fortune on buying clothes to fit my yo-yo eating habits.
9. I had low cholesterol but carried 70 extra pounds on my 5'1" frame. But hey, low cholesterol the normal cholesterol ranges said!
10. I felt 70-80 when I was in my early 40's and thought that I had to accept it as becoming middle age.
What benefits have you seen on LCHF? If you are on twitter, you can see the activity by using the tags and
It's my hope that more effective tools are offered up so that more people can give their given gifts to their families, their communities and most importantly themselves. We are all worth that. Bravo Dr. Timothy Noakes.
|LCHF and happy for the health benefits|