Friday, August 14, 2015

Chicken guacamole salad, in a bell pepper bowl (recipe)

I had a request for my chicken guacamole salad.

Because at my house, guacamole does not cost extra! Because recipes get lots of blog hits.

Serves 1

Roasted or cooked chicken, chopped

Wholly Guacamole 1-2 mini containers
OR 1-2 oz of mashed avocado

Celery stick- chopped

Bell Peppers- one half

Sea Salt

(optional)
Green onions
Salsa
Jalapenos

Prep

1. Slice your bell pepper in half, remove seeds and set in a bowl
2. In another bowl, mix your chicken, guacamole or avocado, celery sticks, and any optional add-ins. Sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Spoon into the bell pepper
4. Take a photo of your real food lunch or dinner (optional)
5. Cut into 3-4 slices to eat
6. Enjoy

No calorie counting. If you need to run it through My Fitness Pal or Spark People for macros, calories, or points, you do that. Your ingredients will vary.

What works for me:
A. A big pat on the back for eating homemade food that costs less than an eat out without junky preservatives in the same time it takes to order fast food.
B. Cost savings over eating out all the time.
C. No hot kitchen in the summer.
D. Optional take a photo, share with your friends that you eat real food. #JERF (just eat real food) #NSNG (no sugars no grains), #Paleo hash tags.
E. No binge urges. I have far fewer binge urges eating real food.  A food template that has protein, fat, and carbs from veggies. Think 95% freedom from binge urges.

Let me know if this recipe works for you. Please share it, too.  :)  Karen P


8 comments:

  1. Love this recipe idea Karen ... looks great and I bet it tastes great!

    Have a Happy Friday and a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, oh it is so, so good. Especially with the sea salt.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you posted this! I saw this on your instagram feed. I do not have an account but was wondering how you made it because it looks good. I love that it's so easy to make and I will be making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, I usually have the ingredients around in my refrige and it sure is fast.

      Delete
  3. The only thing wrong with this recipe is that a bell pepper isn't going to be big enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Truth. I knew if I put this recipe in a bell pepper, it would get more clicks on pinterest!! Once I sliced it up, I had 3 good parts that held the salad. The 4th part required a fork. ;) Thanks for stopping by, Tess.

      I dream of the day my most popular posts are not my Medifast recipes. LOL. ;)

      Delete
  4. Do you have a typo in "E" above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reworded the whole thing for clarity. Thanks, Vickie.

      Delete