Saturday, March 14, 2015
3 years, 1 month - weight maintenance check-in March 2015
If this bothers you, please, there are other great blogs to read. I turn 49 this month. Too many of people I know in real life are falling ill or are dying. Food Addiction sucks. Life is short, so am I. Find a way that works for you and love it. Leave the rest.
PS- edited to add: I celebrate Pi Day 3/14/15 by not putting crap food in my Pie Hole. Gotta laugh, cause I sure have cried about my weight in the past. No more.
Starting weight : 187.4
Todays' weight : 117.0
Highest weight this month -yesterday 119.2
Goal weight range: 113-119
Menopause: 2+ years
Abstaining from sugar and flour 3 years 10 months
This month was a lesson in patience. My weight was up, down, and all around. I didn't binge eat, so that is good. I still have foods that don't agree with me.
Dental inflammation is finally resolving
Face swelling from fennel bulb is finally resolving , I learned I cannot just pick fennel out of a prepared dish,( people in real life are already joking with me about - "Hey I'll bet you don't want this recipe for fennel bulb salad. LOL!) Those fennel bubs at Trader Joe's looked so cute....
Drinking caffeine after 3 pm is finally resolved.
Whatever, I'm still standing and abstaining from most sugar, all grains. The rest is negotiable. It's not all rainbows. It is constant vigilance. My obesity and food addiction would love to come back to live in all kinds of excuses.
My jeans still fit and I'm food sober. My heart goes out to people I know in real life who are dealing with cancer, chemo. At almost 49, I know way too many people in real life who are getting treatment. Sadness!
Life is short. Spend time doing things that matter, that are positive. Keep those things you love around you. Leave the rest.
What's working for me:
1. Eating from a Paleo-ish style food template, NSNG (no sugars, no grains), LCHF (tastes great!)
2. Daily weighing, even when you have weight gain.
3. Taking action when a food just doesn't agree with you
4. Drinking coffee before 1-2 pm.
5. Staying away from fennel. There is no food Switzerland for me.
What didn't work for me in the past.
1. Eating everything in moderation. Everyone else did. Buying the moderation myth hook line and sinker. My binge brain loved it. My health suffered from it.
2. Weighing monthly, or quarterly. Do you know how much sanctioned binge eating you can do in 1 week or one month or 3 months. I do. 5-10 pound gains over 3 month. Yep! I lived it.
3. Taking action and getting out certain foods (dairy) But getting off them long enough to know that daily exposure was a problem. That's what I didn't do.
4. Drinking coffee late in the afternoon and thinking I could get good sleep. Even though I'm an intermediate metabolizer of caffeine.
5. I ate everything and anything.