One thing is for sure.. I've been missing my beach walks recently, so I'll be remedying that soon.
|Capo Beach, June 2014|
Here's a new (to me) podcast that I've been enjoying. I'm happy to see more podcasts by long term weight maintainers. I personally believe that there is not enough support, information, tools, education, and real life examples around the topic of long term weight maintenance.
Check out iTunes and download a few of Lauries' podcasts if you see topics that interest you. Keeping my head in the continuing education part of long term weight maintenance is a critical step for me maintaining my weight. One of the way I do that is by listening to other's stories.
2. Laurie Weaver: Compulsive Overeating Diary Podcast
Why I like Laurie's podcast:
1. She is a long term weight maintainer
2. She records her podcasts while she's thinking on her walk, bird and nature sounds are a bonus!
3. She talks about what works and what doesn't work for her
4. The topics Laurie talks about are very common to many weight losers/ maintainers
5. Laurie is honest with her feelings and thoughts
6. Laurie facilitates and uplifts other people with her shout outs and connections via Facebook, Speak pipe on her blog, Twitter.
7. Laurie gave me a big shout out in Episode 63 (thank you Laurie!).
Laurie's path is on the intuitive side- eating, exercise. For myself, I suspect I'll never be an intuitive eater.. in fact letting go of that goal helped me to move into the right eating plan for me. I do enjoy listening to Laurie's progress and the deeper understanding of what she's thinking!
Bravo to her for sharing her story. I found Laurie's podcast when Alen Standish interviewed her on the Progress Not Perfection episode 42.
What's working for me now:
1. De-stressing by walking at the beach
2. Listening to podcasts on my walks
3. Keeping my head in the game for long term maintenance and adopting only what works for me.
What didn't work in the past:
1. Not taking time for myself to de-stress
2. Not continuing to learn more around the topics that I was working on that were new to me.
3. Thinking that I HAD to be an intuitive eater to be successful in long term maintenance. The only thing I HAD to do was to take what works for me and move on!
Safe Travels to you all as you enjoy your weekend. More podcast reviews to come!