|Two or more paths!|
There is NO one way to do this, except the one that works for yourself. Right here, right now! No one food, no one template. Each month more of weight maintenance really brings me to this place. Even in my own 2 years in weight maintenance, my food template has changed drastically. Going from a packaged food diet for weight loss (it worked for me) , to a low-inflammatory whole foods diet in weight maintenance (it worked, for me). Fine tuning the food template over two years.(Yep, yep.... working on it!)
There are as many paths as there are people.
|3 years of weight data|
Life happens. Emotional eating (age 6-46), auto-immune thyroid disease (1997), Pregnancy (2000),menopause (2013). Life and health changes up physically. I’m just glad I got my mind set in the experimental mode early in this attempt at both weight loss and weight maintenance.
Just high-fiving myself this morning that I had the strength and the courage to plow through
Conventional wisdom around food advice based on bad science.
Big food- besides the grocery stores , newspapers , magazines,and TV, big foods has found it’s way in fund raisers, schools, doctors offices,brand bloggers paid by big food, the health care industry, hospitals, weight loss programs partnered with big food.
My own mind telling me outdated information.
I often ask my daughter when something positive or negative occurs: “What do you attribute that outcome?” So, what do I attribute my positive out come of long term weight maintenance this time around?
- Having an open mind set to my food template and health outcomes ( told no one but my doctor who said "If it's working for you, do it")
- Taking time to experiment with my food template and health outcomes
- The courage to be different from the mainstream
What didn’t’ work in past attempts
- Using one weight loss program and the same weight maintenance program (different processes = different tools! different template!)
- Believing what I was seeing from Big food, packaged health claims. Not so much for me. Moderate junk/processed food
- The unwillingness of my own mind to switch fast when things weren’t working.
So, what do you attribute to your positives and negatives? Food template wins? Any high-fiving yourself on positive outcomes? Discuss! It can be a tough road with all the
mis-information out there. Here's to the courage and wisdom to experiment. It can take a lot of strength to overcome.
|Both paths lead to the same place|
Hmmm. Hope this post wasn't too, Woo-Woo. Back to usual posts tomorrow! Sometimes brain dumping is good....