Note 1: If you are here from the Paleosphere and don't use weight as a data point, you may want to skip today's post.
Note 2: Current photos will follow, soon.
Note 3. See the 3 weight spikes in the second half of Feb 2014 in the graph to the left. Shrimp. Frozen shrimp with added salt. I think I'll stick to fresh shrimp from here on out.
March 3, 2014
Highest Weight: 187.5
Current Weight: 117.0
Goal Weight Range 113-118
Height 5' 1"
Menopause: 6 months or so
Graphs: staying steady, downward trend in Jan-Feb (first half)
1. Paleo-ish template, low inflammatory
2. Daily weighing
3. Working on home/work projects
4. Batch cooking chicken, grass fed beef, bison, & lamb, lots of veggies.
5. Prioritizing sleep.
6. Sea Salt to season
What did not work in the past
1. Eating high inflammatory foods, low fat, high carb, sweets in moderation if they "fit into my points range".
2. Avoiding the scale and not dealing with small/large gains
3. Watching TV and sitting a lot to avoid house projects.
4. Buying a whole lot of diet frozen foods for $2 for 5 boxes (bargains! coupons!) and a lot of Skinny Cow ice cream. Worst food I've ever eaten and I thought it was awesome at the time. Ugh! Different food palate, different food planet.
5. Staying up too late watching TV.
6. Eating lots of salt on low-fat pop corn, diet frozen meals, canned veggies.
Okay, that's it.
Somewhat routine, but that's the way maintenance is supposed to be. The batch cooking has been pretty tasty. I took some photos at Gwen's request for recipes, so look for some of my favorites ( they are easy) later in the week.
|Storm on the left, sun on the right. San Diego County Winter 2014|