|Chicken & Veggie soup, avocados|
Goal: Be egg free for 3 weeks
Reason: To see if eggs, egg whites, or egg yolks might be causing a little bit of acne. Nothing like the cystic acne that wheat, processed sugar, and dairy caused. I would call it mild acne.
What motivated me: A chat with the PaleoCare nurse about "dose response". I had noted the more egg yolks, the more I might be having acne. Katy cautioned me about dose response.... Yeah. That makes good sense to me.
Health background: I'm post Auto-Immune thyroid since 1997. I've NOT done an Auto-Immune Protocol but I had good results with a Whole30 in Jan 2013. My last hs-CRP was 0.4, so if eggs are inflammatory, it's mostly showing up as acne at this point.
|Ground turkey ginger bowl|
What I'm eating for breakfast: PFC = Protein, Fat, Carbs-from veggies ( many thanks to Dietitian Cassie for this concept). This keeps me balanced out with little hunger between breakfast and lunch.
Most frequent choices listed first:
Protein: (pick one) Ground turkey, organic chicken in bone broth, grass fed ground beef, lamb in stew
Fat: (pick one) Avocados, coconut oil- veggie sauteing, olive oil, natural fat in the protein
Veggies: Celery, onion, tomatoes, shredded cabbage, broccoli slaw, raw kale salad, bell peppers
Spices: Sea Salt- pink and Mediterranean, Garlic Sea salt, ginger, balsamic vinegar (on kale salad & tomatoes), cinnamon in my coffee
|Photo bombing cat|
1. Mind and habit changes (more on this soon)
2. More batch cooking
3. Spending a little more money on protein (eggs are cheap)
4. More left overs in the morning.
5. Replacing my broken, smaller crock pot with a bigger crock pot for bigger batches of food.
Results so far: Yeah, acne is better. May or may not be related to eggs.I'll check back at the end of March 2014 with more info.
What's working now:
1. Elimination diets or single foods to lower inflammation, including acne
2. Taking time and commitment to experiment
3. Keeping open to new use of spices
What didn't work in the past:
1. Believing that food and acne are not related ( for me, they are!)
2. Eating so much inflammatory food I couldn't sort it out.
3. Eating so much processed foods I couldn't use spices to bring out natural flavors in foods.