I rely on batch cooking Paleo meals that taste great and I can take from the stove, to the freezer, to the microwave, with the dishes winding up in the dishwasher at the end of the day.
My health and Weight Maintenance have never been so awesome due to batch cooking! Here's one of my favorite recipes.
Italian Bison Bowl (Paleo) Batch Cooking
Ingredients: (see the end of the post for the brands I used)
- 1 to 2 pounds of ground bison, browned (or grass-fed beef)
- One package of kale, kale sweet salad mix, or cabbage (remove the dressing and toppings)
- 1 to 2 sliced white onions
- 1 jar or can of marinara sauce (stick to Paleo ingredients, where possible)
- Garlic Sea Salt to taste
- Italian spices
- Coconut oil
The mug featured here is CorningWare and I purchased it at Walmart or Target
2 large pans for sauteeing.
The Bison will be in pan number 1
The Kale will be in pan number 2
The Onions will be in pan number 1 (with the tallow from the bison!)
- Brown the bison in the first pan. Add Italian Seasoning and/or garlic sea salt, if desired. Remove the bison and keep the tallow in the pan.
- In a second pan, pour the sweet kale salad (remove the dressing and topping packets) into the pan with a spoon of coconut oil.
- Stir the kale mixture in the pan over medium heat to sauté. . Add a spoon full of coconut oil to coat the kale mixture. The kale mixture will start to shrink as it cooks.
- Spoon and pack the kale mixture into your dishware. I fill mine half full or so.
- While the bison is cooking in pan number 1, slice up the onions.
- Spoon the ground bison over the kale mixture in your dishware. Leave the tallow in pan number 1.
- Saute the onions in the left over tallow in pan number 1
- Spoon the onions over the bison bowl.
- I pour out about a half a cup of marinara over the top of the bowl.
- Refrigerate or Freeze
- Re-heat before eating, I add the Garlic Sea Salt at the end of the cooking.
- If frozen, then stir, there will be some liquid in the bottom if frozen, but no worries! Tastes great!
- Refrigerate any left over, extra sauteed kale mixture.
|Ready to freeze|
|Best marinara sauce EVER!|
|Hunted and gathered at Costo|
|Sweet Kale Salad|
|Slice up those onions|
|sauteing the onions in bison tallow|