21 Months of weight maintenance on 11-3-2013
Highest Weight: 187.4
Current weight 116.4
Goal weight range (113-117)
Months in weight maintenance: 21
Years to reach this point : 40 years
Menopause: Yes! first year.
Thyroid disease: Yes! Balanced out since 1997
Horizontal stripes: only occasionally
What's working now:
1. Daily weighing
2. Observing upward trends
3. Connecting the dots of the upward trend to inflammation related to food
4. Connecting the dots of the upward trend to colder weather
5. Keeping calm and reversing the trend, effective processes, root causes.
6. Clarity to connect the dots
What did not work in the past
1. Not weighing in until I was 10, 20, 30 pounds over weight
2. Not stopping to look at trending
3. Eating inflammatory foods
4. Blaming myself when the WW weighers LOVED to point out my 1-2 pound colder weather gain.
5. Stopping going to my weigh ins at WW because I did not have a good sense of self, self esteem and strong sense of "This is what I need to do, yes my weight is higher, it's normal OR yes, I ate some high inflammation food, it will take a few weeks for my gut to heal"
6. Brain clarity to ditch the blame and choose effective problem solving
The October 2013 scoop.
1. I intentionally and unintentionally challenged myself with some food to see if I could tolerate certain foods. I use the scale as a "poor man's allergy test" and If I see an overnight spike (not due to hormones or a salty meal) I am 90% certain that it's inflammatory for me. I'm done testing and will eat low inflammatory in Nov 2013.
Long story short: inflammatory foods
A. Pork- No can do bacon. No, no, no....
B. Spaghetti squash, pumpkin, butter nut squash, and maybe carrots. No, no, no.
C. More than 1 or two egg yolks also = inflammation
D. A-C = more hot flashes and less quality sleep
E. Licking the back of envelopes- the gum has gluten. Did you know? I walked around with "gluten belly" for a week this month on the adhesive lesson.... grrrrr. Nothing like feeling 3 months pregnant with a gluten baby. DARN it.
I'll be attending next weeks Gluten Summit- free daily presentations from Tom O'Bryan. I love his "don't do gluten in moderation" theme. I'm a living n=1 case study on this.
Also, I'm more committed to doing an Auto-Immue Protocol in Jan 2014 (or sooner). Loving Amy Myer's Podcasts on thyroid and avoiding gluten and dairy- I'm also living an n=1 case study on this.
That is all....
Look at the 1 year weight graph below. Great data. Weighing in daily gives me a good way to connect the dots and make some value based decisions. Valuable tool in my weight maintenance practice. Also in overall good health. I'm committed to keeping a low hs-CRP, good lipid profile, and good metabolic blood work overall. Onward.