Hello All- keeping busy. My goal is to blog shorter posts, more often. Today's short topic is to look. Look at what is working. Look at what does not work.
This month, I excluded pork and nuts for about 3 weeks. Good news and bad.
Good news: what worked
1. I can eat nuts in measured amounts, unsalted. I weigh less!!! when I eat nuts.( macadamias/almonds)
2. My hair is smoother. ( I have big 80's hair, so this is good)
Bad news: this is not so good, but I'll survive
1. Pork and...... bacon. Probably is not working for me. Whaaaah! on the bacon. :(
2. I don't feel so great (maybe some related joint pain), temporary weight gain.
3. I'm over it. I had a 5 minute pity party and I'm over it.
Life changes. Be sure to look to see what you are doing is working and is in line with priorities and goals. I could continue to eat bacon.... but inflammation is just not good. My heart, cardiovascular system, and mind will thank me for eating foods that make me well.