Friday, February 15, 2013
Stress and weight- my 2 pound connection
High weight: 187.4
Current Weight : 117.0
Goal Weight: 115.4
I finally have connected that certain stress seems to result a 2 pound gain during the work week. Both upward trends in Jan and Feb correlate to stress!
I've got a few relaxation apps and ways to relax.
1. Taking my walk outdoors at lunch
2. Taking time to cook and pack my Paleo template foods.
3. Doing something fun, just for me- daily. Usually photography
4. Brewing some good, black coffee and savoring.
5. Getting good sleep.
What didn't work in the past
1. Telling myself "I'm too busy to walk today"
2. Buying lunch in the cafeteria, or buying frozen dinners because I was "too busy"
3. Not doing anything for myself.
4. Eating biscotti, cookies, candy to sooth myself
5. Staying up late trying to get "more done". I actually get less done this way!
If anyone has a favorite meditation source, relaxation source, or any other tips- feel free to discuss. You can believe that I'll be sleeping, batch cooking, and messing around with photos this weekend. I know the scale will go back down soon.