Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Lunch time walking at work- try it!
Most job assignments recently have my rear parked in a chair all day.
Here's how I get from 8,000-10,000 steps a day.
I eat a quick lunch and head out to walk 30 mins.
I grab my camera and photograph whatever strikes my fancy.
I check my pedometer when arriving home, then head out for an evening walk, as needed.
1. Routine- I always go
2. Walking shoes at my desk
3. pedometer keeps my mind honest about my movement
4. I get Vitamin D most days
5. I get to take fantastic photos. I call these "Lunch time finds".
What Didn't work
1. Not walking for 45 mins when I was overweight
2. Not bringing walking shoes
3. Thinking I had done "a lot of walking" 4000-5000 used to be a lot for me.
4. Working through lunch. What??? This made me less productive.
5. Letting bad weather get in my way- I walk inside the buildings on some days.
Does anyone else take a walking lunch?