No sugars, No grains. And yes, fun. In the past 46 years, Easter candy fueled multiple binges. Not fun. Getting off sugars helped so much.
I still celebrate. Good friends. Good hiking. Dying Easter Eggs. Making an Easter basket.
I just don't celebrate with sugars and grains. No big deal. Easy. But in a way, it is a big deal. A really BIG DEAL.
Not numbing myself up and out with sugar. Not buying and eating all the candy. Not going to the store after Easter to get a
If you are abstaining or have just stopped celebrating with junk food, please know you are not alone.
1. Visiting friends
2. Walking with friends
3. Non-food Easter Baskets
4. Lamb Crock Pot Stew
5. Guacamole deviled eggs
6. NSNG weekend
What didn't work in the past
1. Visiting with friends so I could eat their Easter Candy
2. Walking with friends but being embarrassed to wear shorts in the hot weather
3. Easter baskets pre-made with tons of candy.
4. Lots of ham and Hawaiian rolls. LOTS of point counting. With weight gain!
5. Jelly beans. LOTS of them.
6. Weeks and months of binging from the Easter Candy.
All Right. If you celebrate, have you changed to meet weight loss or weight maintenance goals or food sobriety states? I'll be having some 85% chocolate, if I feel like it.