|Moon set at Moonlight Beach, Encinitas, CA 11/8/2014|
Why don't I lose motivation like all the other 40 years of yo-yo dieting?
Why don't I just wind down, quit, stop doing the things that keep me well? Return to the old ways?
Is it a combination of my 11 Keeping the Motivation reasons? (link)
One key idea popped into my head right before I hit the beach for a walk and photo session.
KEY REASON: IT started with THE FOOD. I use a Paleo-ish, low inflammatory food template.
1. It's the food.
2. The food is nutrient rich.
3. I spent a lot of time fine tuning my food template.
4. I've got my inflammation down so I can absorb the nutrients.
5. That optimized my body and mind, and nervous system.
6. I'm sleeping better and that leads to...
7. More calm and relaxing thoughts. More access to the clear thinking part of my brain.
8 The result: making decisions from a place of strength.
9. I want more, more, more of the good feeling and food in a non-addictive way.
10. It started with food, always for me. It doesn't end with food, but it starts with food.
Anyhoo, that's what popped out of my head. I could be totally wrong. I don't think so. I'm going with my intuition which is
So many people say "It's not about the food". Okay, sure, they could be right. For me, it started with food, then I had the mind shift. Always. For me. Always starts and ends with food. Accepting that takes me far and keeps me well. I feel very fortunate.
While I was on my walk, I enjoyed:
A. Podcast with Evan Brand and the great Terry Whals, MD (Not Just Paleo, episode #103).
- Dr. Whals mentioned the health of our kids, the economy if diseases strike the young. The costs to society.
- Plus Dr. Whals is a good speaker over all. I'll never get tired of hearing her story.
- I hold similar opinions on the Paleo Treats front. I did not change my diet to eat baked goods.
- Sara and Jason will be answering more questions. Also lots of continued learning.
Boom. Deep thoughts. 4.5 mile walk toodling around with the camera.
|First Red Cup, Nov 8, 2014 Swami's, Encintias, CA|