2 years, 2 month Weight Maintenance Update. I celebrate my weight loss/ weight maintenance monthly. If you read my blog from the Paleosphere and don't focus on weight, skip this post. Life is short, so I must celebrate. 40 years of attempting long term weight maintenance. It's special to me.
I've got before photos, I've got starting maintenance to current photos. And, there are graphs. Let's get to the data!
|May 2011 April 2014|
Highest Weight : 187.4
Current weight 118.6
Goal weight range 113-118
Height 5' 1"
Menopause: 9 months
I'm above my goal weight range! What happened?
Here are the
1. I had hiccups so bad I chugged water before weigh in this morning.
2. I have about double the arm/shoulder strength from Mid-December 2013.
3. It's still cold sleeping weather here in So. Cal. Okay, not really cold elsewhere, but cold and rainy here. I can hear "tiny violins" playing a sad song, just for me, right now from those in truly cold parts of the US/World. Just kidding. Cooler sleeping weather = a few extra pounds since I've been fat adapted. I'm not sick, eating emotionally, and my sleep has been okay. I'm counting this month as a win! I'm okay at this weight and my clothes fit pretty well.
|Feb 2012 April 2014|
Here's what's working:
1. Paleoish food template
2. Strength training 2 x per week
3. Walking 9-10, 000 steps per day/ave
4. Weighing in daily
5. Cooking my own food 98% of the time
6. Continuing to experiment with an elimination diet with the eggs (no conclusions, yet)
Here's what didn't work in past attempts at weight maintenance
1. Low fat, high carb diet. LOTS of processed foods. But they were sort of low in points, until I ate too many, because I couldn't stop....
2. Not doing any strength training.
3. Walking 4,000- 5000 steps per day
4. Avoiding the scale for days, months
5. Eating out a lot and bringing processed frozen meals to work for lunch.
6. Not connecting food items to body inflammation
That's it!. Look for a fantastic No Grain's No Gains blog post on 4/4/2014. I kind of like My Fitness Pal's "all" graph.