The answer is NOT in here. Pictured are my off plan Paleo foods. I have some, sometimes. Those foods don't trigger, but I can still choose to use them. In a positive way as part of my meal. Or like a drug, to self sooth, self medicate, and numb out from problems. Especially at night. I can use them in the wrong way or the right way as part of my regular plan. The choice is mine.
The answer was and still is inside me. Better coping and thinking techniques. Choosing unprocessed foods, good cuts of protein, veggies, and fruits with avocados, olive oil, good spices, some pink sea salt. Walking, listening to music, photography, gardening.
Food is fuel to give me energy to do those things. Food is medicine so my body can stay well, low inflammatory, good sleep, strong bones and muscles. Food is not entertainment. Food is not a "treat" an "indulgence". Food is not a drug used to feel small bits of happiness.
Clean your environment: I just found a few more areas in my pantry- way back in on the shelves where my former food habits were stored. Holy Smokes. I got that stuff pulled out and tossed, quick. No wonder I was stuck in the cycle. I can see it now, I could not then. I was living "under the influence".
Now that I'm out with more clarity, more sanity, and some time- I can see clearly now. Tricky to keep and remain food sober long enough to see. So worth it. Fog clears and it helps.
1. Paleo/Primal template 90-95% of the time
2. Off paleo foods 5% of the time. As long the food does not trigger me.
3. Keeping my shelves, web surfing, shopping, and hobbies trigger free.
4. Pausing and asking myself, what do I need right now (sleep, walk, stress relief) before eating.
5. Eating if I'm hungry.
What didn't work
1. Eating processed -sugar, wheat, boxed foods
2. Eating trigger foods that kept me hooked and obese
3. Buying trigger foods when I was "committed to losing weight. Train wreck right there. Reading how to make "low fat" Cooking light bar cookies, looking at Pinterest desserts. No, just NO.
4. Automatically thinking that what I was feeling was hunger ( it was not! )
5. Feeling bad about eating because I had "already used my WW points for the day OR I was saving up to .... eat trigger foods. Stuck in the cycle.
Healing started when I got real about what I was doing, buying, storing, and my habits. I strongly encourage all who struggle to look closely, change your environment, change your habits. The answer is inside you. You are worth it!
|This photo would look different with fog and clouds|