I was inspired by this article by Hemi Weingarten at Foodeducate about the green and red labels on a Twixt bar. Article hereI've started a 10 day experiment where I posted two colored sheets of paper on a counter, separated by a sink. Food is often placed on the counter in the area.
On a clip board, I ask 2 questions.
1. Does the color of the label influence you to choose food from the green side of the counter?
2. Does the color of the label influence you to bring in foods from the green side of the counter.
Time will tell. One person did state that she stopped and thought about it. I think labels and colors do influence us. I will report back on the influence of the labels at the end of the month.
1. Stopping and thinking before I grab food from a shared space. (food quality is low, most days)
2. Only bringing Paleo/Primal foods to potlucks.
What did not work:
1. Eating free for all in shared spaces
2. Bringing all kinds of crap food to potlucks so I could
Do colors and labels influence you? More to post about next week on this topic.