What it is:
Excess skin on both arms, stomach, abdomen, thighs. Nooooo, this is not a side show. No photos. Instead, cool surfing sand dog sculptures. This photo is much more pleasant. Trust me.
I find this whole topic kind of "Ewww". But, I did promise Vickie I would post and extra skin is a fact of large weight losses.
- I can hide the skin super well in clothing and it looks mostly okay, in most clothes.
- Right now, I have no medical problems with the skin.
- I accept my extra skin and it's rolling ways, most days.
- I am sooooo much happier with extra skin vs 72 pounds overweight.
- Strength training helps some.
- No surgery risks if I leave the skin alone.
- I'm past my "beauty days" and I'm going for functional (borrowed quote from a former supervisor)
- I have close family members that deal with major medical problems day in and day out. This is nothing on their scale of life. I count myself lucky. Their stuff is tough, my stuff is easy.
The not so good:
- Sometimes, mentally, my skin does bother me. Not for long. More annoying than devastating.
- My skin flutters when I swim in a pool . It feels weird. I boogie board and go tide pooling more than I swim these days.
- One arm is has more funky skin than the other.
- If I loose anymore weight, I will not fit into clothes so well due to the skin.
The good list is longer than the not so good. That works for me.