I'd rather blog without the standard progress photos than to not blog.
|Second hand clothes shopping and new hair cut, Dec 2018, Double Take, Carlsbad, CA|
Coffee and baby back ribs. Yes, I had a salad earlier. Meat off the bone for a 2018 WIN!!
Honestly #1: I'm out having fun with my family, doing house projects, hobbies, and of course, batch cooking low carb foods. I'v just been enjoying myself too much to bother to blog.
PS- I've got my Keto and my Food Addiction resource pages ready to post, in a single "Resource" page- to replace my outdated resource tab on this blog. You'll see those pages go up in the first half of Jan 2019.
Honestly #2Look, lets' be honest, all I did was gain weight this year. About 5-7 pounds
Ha! True. And I value the truth. I'll update my social media weight maintained to 65 pounds until I get back to 68-70. And I do believe that I will cycle back to <120 pounds. Fairly sure.
It's also my own truth: I'm still maintaining inside my maintenance range. This is what my weight maintenance looks like.
Looking at my 7-8 years of data and food sober living. The cyclic nature of my weight gain and loss within the bracket of weight maintenance is probably my true normal.
What's working for me now 2018 review, in general
0. I don't lose my cool when I gain in maintenance, I hop on the scale daily.
1. I do look for root causes and take action within my Paleo, Modified AIP, LCHF, Keto protocol
2. I do adopt what work and assess risk at each major decision point.
3. If 2018 has taught me any thing is that my high risk for obesity is still at play
4. I must, must, must track my food
5. I must, must must fast after 12 noon to and broth is okay up to about 2-3pm
6. I can have sparkling water and electrolyte powder after 3pm
7. I will get higher cholesterol when I fast, with low hs-CRP, great glucose, HA1c, skinny jeans, no Coronary Calcium, great CIMT values.
8. I will likely have lower risks on my high risk genetic SNPs (Type 2 Diabetes , obesity, unnamed disease risk, auto-immune disease, obesity related cancer associations- I hope I'm far enough past it)
9. I have super good hot/cold tolerance and only allergies due to high winds in So. Cal (no colds like I thought!)
10. I'm leaning into empty nest in a good way so far.
What didn't work for me in the past
0. If I gained I avoided the scale because I didn't want to be honest with myself
1. I ate everything in moderation because WW said so, this fueled my food addiction & binge eating
2. I did not consider risks like Type 2 diabetes and obesity associated cancers
3. I did not understand how much my genetic risk of obesity wants to come back
4. I did not track my binges and crappy food, except at WW where I ate high carb, low fat.
5. I ate from 6am-10pm, daily
6. I ate my binge foods from 6am-10pm daily
7. I had perfect lipid profiles with terrible joint pain, 6.8 hs-CRP, and metabolic syndrome markers.
8. I did not consider my genetic obesity and type 2 diabetes risks
9. I was "cold" all of the time. ALL of the time, sleepy, immobile
10 I ate to soothe life changes- to numb out, to not feel my feelings. It didn't work.
Weight graphs Dec 2018
Out living life and having fun. And walking, lots of walking at the beach.
|Moonlight Beach, Encinitas, CA Dec 2018|
|Dave's Rock Garden, Moonlight Beach 2018|
|Extreme Tides, Dec 2018 Carlsbad Tide Pools|
|Nice Carlsbad Sunets|
|The outcome, no green flash|
|Thought full time with family|
|Reality of life for me|
|Praying to my higher power for food sober living in 2019|