Monday, December 24, 2018

Food Sober Christmas 2018

Hello All,

I'm having fun with my family, friends, a little bit of time off work now, more later.

My weight is stable, yet high in the maintaining range. I don't really regret yesterday's salty BBQ. Not sorry. LOL. So meaty, so good.

Firehouse Ribs, San Clemente, CA. 
Christmas dinner with the fam bam, 2018.


Here's to abstaining from known trigger foods, having fun and living life free and clear from food addiction. This is my 8th year of food sober living. It's so worth abstaining from my food triggers.

Here are some cool holiday photos. Christmas in Southern California is different from Indiana. Play this song if you are a Hoosier celebrating outside the great state.





Here's what we do in So Cal for Christmas. There are plenty of opportunities indoors and outdoors that don't involve putting food in your pie hole.

Hang a wreath on the life guard tower, Laguna Beach 2018 

Check out the King Tides while staying safe on a cliff trail, Terra Mar Carlsbad, 2018

Check out the big surf, safely, watch for sneaker waves, Moonlight Beach, 2018

Decorate a tree, beach themed.

Cool sunsets and photography with the family.
Dana Point, CA Dec 2018

Eat, yes but hey, low carb, keto, Paleo, Carnivore. Dial in your own food template; the outcome Lean, muscular, and binge free during the holiday. Find what works, do that. Leave the binge brain excuses behind.

Choose wisely what you put in your body. Thoughts, food, physical and mental health.  Keep what works, leave the rest behind.

Happy Holiday's, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Here's to your own food sober living. 

Don't let the food pushers get you down. 


8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Karen. This is my first Christmas being completely "food sober," as you have coined the term. I survived all the treats (two major work parties and boatloads of cookies) without indulging (went to the parties and drank coffee and no one cared!). (And I guess the word "survive" is not totally accurate--a person survives hard things--and this is my choice not to indulge, and not indulging is not on par with many hard things people survive, but, hey, I'm sure you get my sense of the word! Lol!) I'll spend time with family tomorrow and drink some good coffee and have some bacon or sausage but decline the baked goods. It just isn't worth it to me to indulge anymore, and I no longer feel like a martry. It's just my way of life. Phew--I need to get off my soap box.

    Anyway I hope you enjoy your holidays and I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good coffee, good meat, and I went ahead and found some cheap blueberries at Sprouts, too. LOL. Yes. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I'm glad you are leaning into food sobriety. :) I raise my coffee cup to you.

      Delete
  2. The seahorse ornament looks like the whole thing is underwater. For a second I thought you found a submerged decorated tree.

    Have a fabulous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That would be fun!!! There was a beach themed tree at a resort in the OC. Merry Christmas. :)

      Delete
  3. Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan , Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Eddie and the family.

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays...congrats on being 8 years good sober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryFran, hope you had a good holiday. How's maintenance going?

      Delete