B. Also, a quick shout out to those who are working their dietary plans into World Carnivore month, January 2019.
I'm not a carnivore, but by eating meat off the bone, I get the BEST and most NORMAL happy feelings, fewest binge urges, best skin tone and less acne. Combine this with over all feelings of wellness, youth (I'm almost 53) and lowest joint pain. Chicken thighs, drumsticks, bone in ribeye and beef ribs (when I can find them on sale), baby back ribs. I also include ground beef and thinly sliced beef, and of course eggs.
I eat some vegetables. I also include kale, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onions, and garlic. Sometimes sauerkraut. Black coffee, yes! Olive oil, rendered lard, tallow, schmaltz are my cooking oils. Occasionally coconut oil and 85% chocolate, too.
Collagen for the win?! Normal weight also, always for my own personal win. I'm not sure what the connection is with early time restricted eating, but I'm now convinced that I'll need to eat early to stay a normal weight.
What's working now:
1. Early Time restricted eating (6am-12noon- or 2pm at the latest) (mild Keto)
2. Tracking my food intake, eating ever so slightly less
3. Meat off the bone, chicken, beef, pork short ribs (NSNG, Paleo, Low Carb)
4. Sipping broth occasionally (good salt vehicle)
5. Consuming enough salt to keep my blood pressure high enough. I salt to taste, and I need a lot of salt to feel well. Food tastes fab, also.
6. Sleeping longer by meditating at the start of sleep.
7. Spending lots of family time this month.
What didn't work in the past
1. Eating 6am-10pm, every 2 hours
2. Didn't track, over ate because I ate my binge foods
3. I ate soy, nut milk, fake meat chemical products and boy did I have sore joints and a face full of painful zits, but super low WW points - LOL. Bad idea.
4. I ate the DASH diet, felt terrible and food tasted AWFUL, just NOOOOO.
5.See number 4. Ugh. Most people are not salt sensitive.
6. Watched reality TV and ate Skinny cow ice cream spiked with WW 1 pt of M&M's. Ugh!
7. Didn't want to have family photos taken because of my weight.
CATS- went to the vet and had a good check up. Thanks to my college girl for the vet assist.
|Carlsbad, CA January 2019|
|Phoenix Airport, Smashburger for the travel WIN|
|Snow!!! Prescott, AZ 2019|
|Dixie Loop Trail, Anthem, AZ 2019|