Saturday, January 12, 2019

January 2019- slow but steady loss, early time restricted eating for the win!

A. Quick check in to show I'm putting actions to my plans and that I'm addressing the root cause of my regain. 

B. Also, a quick shout out to those who are working their dietary plans into World Carnivore month, January 2019.

I'm not a carnivore, but by eating meat off the bone, I get the BEST and most NORMAL happy feelings, fewest binge urges, best skin tone and less acne. Combine this with over all feelings of wellness, youth (I'm almost 53) and lowest joint pain. Chicken thighs, drumsticks, bone in ribeye and beef ribs (when I can find them on sale), baby back ribs. I also include ground beef and thinly sliced beef, and of course eggs.

I eat some vegetables. I also include kale, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onions, and garlic. Sometimes sauerkraut. Black coffee, yes! Olive oil, rendered lard, tallow, schmaltz are my cooking oils.  Occasionally coconut oil and 85% chocolate, too.

Collagen for the win?! Normal weight also, always for my own personal win. I'm not sure what the connection is with early time restricted eating, but I'm now convinced that I'll need to eat early to stay a normal weight.

What's working now:

1. Early Time restricted eating (6am-12noon- or 2pm at the latest) (mild Keto)
2. Tracking my food intake, eating ever so slightly less
3. Meat off the bone, chicken, beef, pork short ribs (NSNG, Paleo, Low Carb)
4. Sipping broth occasionally (good salt vehicle)
5. Consuming enough salt to keep my blood pressure high enough. I salt to taste, and I need a lot of salt to feel well. Food tastes fab, also.
6. Sleeping longer by meditating at the start of sleep.
7. Spending lots of family time this month.

What didn't work in the past

1. Eating 6am-10pm, every 2 hours
2. Didn't track, over ate because I ate my binge foods
3. I ate soy, nut milk,  fake meat chemical products and boy did I have sore joints and a face full of painful zits, but super low WW points - LOL. Bad idea.
4. I ate the DASH diet, felt terrible and food tasted AWFUL, just NOOOOO.
5.See number 4. Ugh. Most people are not salt sensitive.
6. Watched reality TV and ate Skinny cow ice cream spiked with WW 1 pt of M&M's. Ugh!
7. Didn't want to have family photos taken because of my weight.

CATS- went to the vet and had a good check up. Thanks to my college girl for the vet assist.

Totitude 2019
Epic winter beach combing

Sea glass
and winter sunsets
Carlsbad, CA January 2019

Phoenix Airport, Smashburger for the travel WIN

Snow!!! Prescott, AZ 2019
Mountain and desert hikes.
Dixie Loop Trail, Anthem, AZ 2019



4 comments:

  1. That's great you are feeling fuller and addressing your minor weigh gain. Are you still eating three meals? And do you take collagen or just get it from your meat?

    I'm getting close to my weight goal. I'm a few pounds higher than you (126-127) and the same height. I'm debating if my body want to go lower (my face and neck are looking very thin, and while I will remain in a normal BMI range, I am thinking about the fact that I'm a curvy woman--and this weight may be the best for me). I am eating less fat (still plenty though and a bit more fruit--half an apple and. A serving of berries each day). That makes me feel best. I'm glad I dropped most processed meat now. I'll have bacon as a condiment (measured and weighed out) only a few times a week now. I just think the processed meat and cheese so touted on keto is the reason people are stil heavy. (That's just my opinion.)

    Kudos to you for making low carb/keto work for you. You were an early adopter of this way of eating. You look lean and healthy. And, to be honest, many in the keto world do not. This is why I still follow you! Happy Saurday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat 2-3 meals depending on my day- work or home or travel. Mostly 3 meals per day. Collagen comes from meat off the bone and broth. I used to supplement with great lakes collogen, but my good skin, hair and nails and full signals all come from meat off the bone for sure, maybe broth.

      Congrats on getting to your goal weight, Ali!!! Your body will let you know if you are to continue to lose weight, it will happen naturally, at least in my experience. I'm curvy because I carry higher body fat that could stand to be lost, so I continue to go for middle or lower BMI. For reals, I do not kid myself about being curvy. I'd like to replace that with lean mass for health. Muscle.

      I disagree on the processed meat, bacon, and cheese for the keto folks. I believe they are over consuming total calories in general. World has eaten these things for many years and been quite lean. Overeating, off signals broken. I'm super enjoying bacon, but only on vacations or weekends. That rendered lard is great to cook with when one is dairy free. I do think some have binge triggers on cheese. Some do not.

      Onward.

      Delete
  2. What a great reflective post highlighting what does work and what doesn’t work and planning based on that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your post.
    Lovely winter sunset photograph.

    Hope the New Year continues to go well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete