|Trader Joe's says the light coconut milk will be back Oct 2015|
What's working for me right now.
Vinnie Tortorich is right, we should change the word for dietary fat to ENERGY. Just saying.
1. FAT, dietary FAT. The right kinds of delicious, natural, dietary fat = lean body.
2. Eating 3 meals a day, maybe a little coconut cream in some coffee between meals.
3. Eating carbs somewhere in the 40+ gram range = as many veggies as sounds good at lunch dinner. If I'm hungry, I eat within my Paleo-ish food template.
My root problems this month, and over the last few months:
1. Eating too much protein and not enough dietary fat (for me)
2. I stopped Intermittent fasting due to not being hungry signals,( but I do eat 3 meals a day.)
3. Going back too far in my success history. I need to keep it current. Sure lower fat higher protein worked a long time ago. Eyes on my own plan. :)
Determining root causes:
1. I went back in my current history only about 6 months at My Fitness Pal and Fitbit and put pen to paper. I determined that
- when I eat too much protein (for me > 90 grams a day) I don't do as well.
- when I eat too little dietary fat (for me <90 grams a day) I don't do as well.
- Remember, I'm super short and 49 years old, your results may vary.
- My dietary fat = guacamole, coconut milk and coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, avocado oil, grass fed beef, lamb, whole eggs, and sometimes salmon.
- My favorite coconut milk ( I choose it due to price - $0.99 and no emulsifiers) is out of stock until Oct 2015. Darn it. This effected one of my favorite ways to get some dietary fat- in soups, stews and my coffee.
- *NOTE* I would choose full fat coconut milk if I could find it easily, cheaply. I'm not paying $2.50 + per can at the local grocery for full fat. Xantham Gum and Guar Gum trigger binge eating for me. It's hard to find processed products without emulsifiers and stabilizers. Don't be fooled by marketing "all natural". No wonder I had binge urges in the past.
- I can see how low fat works for many people, but not me, on a Paleo template.
|Data on paper, from an electronic source|
2. I stopped Intermittent fasting and I ate 3 meals a day, within a 12-14 hour time window, this restored my normal hunger signals in 2 weeks.
- I'm not naturally hungry enough when I Intermittent Fast (IF) also known as time restricted eating window , for me, 8-10 hours.
- Where was IF when I was 70 pounds overweight??!!! LOL.
- I'm guessing that IF would have worked like a charm to stop binge urges. Holy NO Hunger.
- I will still IF once and awhile, when convenient, but not routinely
- I can see how IF works for many people.
- That was too far back. I needed to look 6 months back, not 4 years back.
- Eating high protein works great for some people
- Eating too high protein for me, today, gets me a fluffy mid section and weight gain.
- I can see how high protein works for many people, but not me in long term maintenance.
What didn't work in the past
1. Eating the wrong kinds of fat: Canola oil, corn oil (it was NOT heart healthy for me), fatty baked pastries, fat from chips ALSO: eating low fat and baked chips, low fat muffins (high sugar). Processed foods in general. Prior to 2012. High Omega 6 sources of fat and low fat processed foods are just so,so wrong for my body.
1.5 Being deathly afraid of natural fats. GASP! If I eat avocado = high WW points. GASP!
2. Intermittent Fasting too much ( for me 2 X per week was too much) at a normal weight. Recent past- Jan- June 2015.
3. Looking at my success within a recent time frame. Pre menopause is so much different than Post Menopause. Whole different world. March-July 2015
The right kinds of FAT = ENERGY + Lean Body = Long term weight maintenance for me.
In just half a week, I can feel it. Lean and energetic. It feels good.
Current Macros ( don't be afraid to dial in your own best macros, or to IF, it works very well for some).
What works well for you? Have you been afraid to go outside of mainstream low fat? What's your favorite natural source of fat? I eat a low carb, higher fat Paleo-ish food template in long term weight maintenance. But what works for you?
|PFC= Protein (24%) + Fat (66%) + Carbs (10%)= LCHF Paleo-ish|