|May 2011 to October 2016|
Starting weight: 187.4
Goal Range 115-125 lbs
Current Weight 119.8 lbs
Keeping off 67.6 lbs
Time in maintenance 4 years, 8 months
Menopause 3 years
Ave glucose (fasting & 2hr post)= 78 mg/dL
Auto-Immune Hashimotos 1997
Food Addict in Recovery: 5th year
High Risk, but never diagnosed Type 2 diabetes
Walking 13,000-14,000 steps per day
Weight lifting 2 days per week
Sprints on the rowing machine 1 days per week
My own combination of Paleo, Low Carb Higher Fat, Ketogenic sometimes, Whal's Paleo Plus (modified)
Diary free, nut free, xantham gum and guar gum free, grain free, mostly processed sugar free*
*85% chocolate, I have a square or two every day. There's a little sugar there, but it does not trigger.
Let's see, What's working
1. I have completed my 14 week study via MyCircadianClock (Dr. Panda's lab)
I had favorable results with keeping closer to the middle of my weight maintenance range.
I will continue to keep my eating window early in the day. I'll make some exceptions for Holidays and other special occasions. I lost 4-5 pounds by just eating my regular food template earlier in the day (6am-1pm or so) and by fasting from 1pm to 6am the next morning except water and little bit of magnesium supplement (Natural Calm) before bed.
Something about eating my carbs early seems to agree with me as far as my weight goes.
|14 week MyCircadianClock, 4-5 lb weight loss|
2. I decreased my walking slightly- from 15,000 steps a day to about 12, 000 steps per day due to a couple of viruses. GI virus the last week of Sept, followed by a very mild cold virus. Ugh! I'll be interested to see if my weight changes over the month. I have a pretty good plateau right at 119-120 lbs.
Something tells me I'll sustain my loss and I was close to dropping into this level area right before I got the viruses. As much as I love not getting sick as often by eating real food and getting better sleep, I still do get sick. I'm just sick less often for a smaller number of days and with very few over the counter meds. Zicam (zinc) works well for lessening my cold symptoms.
|Tortoiseshell cat, in a bag|
3. I'm sleeping better. Less waking up or being wired at night. If I do wake up (CATS!), I can get back to sleep quickly.
What did not work in the past
1. Eating late at night. Early in the AM. Eating all the low fat processed foods, at night. My shut off hunger hormones were not working, at all. I was not a bad person, but I had bad habits and terrible hormonal responses that did not work for weight loss or maintaining my loss.
2. I used my colds or illnesses to eat high carb foods. It didn't help me get well fast and it really fueled my binge eating. I got sick often and spent lots of money on over the counter and Rx medications.
3. I slept 1-2 hours less a night. I said yes to everything except to myself and my health.
That's it. Here are my graphs. Because data is KING.