|May 2011 to September 2016|
Goal Range 115-125 lbs
Current Weight 121.6 lbs
Keeping off 65.8 lbs
Time in maintenance 4 years, 7 months
Menopause 3 years
Ave glucose (fasting & 2hr post)= 73 mg/dL
Ha1C = 5.0 (lowest in the last 7 years)
Auto-Immune Hashimotos 1997
Food Addict in Recovery: 5th year
High Risk, but never diagnosed Type 2 diabetes
Current food template: Paleo/LCHF, modified AIP, sometimes Ketosis
What I eat : Karen's Paleolife Instagram
Time restricted eating window 6-8 hrs
|May 2011 to September 2016|
Walking 14-15,000 steps per day
Weight lifting 2 days per week
Sprints on the rowing machine 1 days per week
1. Yeah! Another month. The time restricted eating window of 6-8 hours seems too be working great.
2. I'm eating the same food. And I added in small amounts of Raspberries and blackberries a few days a week. So far, my glucose is staying stable. More n=1 self experiments are needed.
3. Sleep: I'm down about 2-3 pounds, sleeping better and longer most days. Just more consistency around 7.25 to 7.5 hrs per day. Some days are shorter sleep days.
|Raspberries with my 6-8 hr time window|
4. Acceptance. Tell everyone you are in an IRB study and stop eating between 12:30 pm-1;30 pm daily and people LOVE YOU. People think you are in super good health LOL. More on that in my next time restricted eating window update post.
Tell people you eat an average of 100-110 grams of fat every day (natural sources-coconut, avocado, olive oil) and eat 30-40 grams of carbs a day from veggies and a few berries and keep a moderate protein intake 50-70 grams from (gasp) red meat, chicken, eggs, lamb, etc and they lose their MINDS.
Low fat brainwashing, how long will it take for those who need a low carb diet to reverse type 2 to change it up? How long until some good, critical self observations can take place?
With obesity and diabetes at all time highs, people with diabetes or high risk deserve to know the truth.
- That choices food matters.
- That there is no one food template or diet, but 2-3 food template's that will bring good health markers and stable weights to many individuals.
- That many can reverse signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes with food choices, support, good sleep, good stress reduction via Paleo, Primal, LCHF, Ketogenic, and IF, if that works for you.
If you thrive on a vegan or vegetarian low fat diet or eat whole grains, yay you. That's awesome.
I hope you'll give some acceptance to the rest of us. Thanks! So many preventable disease, so many good foods and food templates that do eliminate the foods that make us sick and keep diseases in remission.
The absolute misinformation has and will cause a lot of illness. Breaks my heart. Onward,and be sure to change it up if you are zooming down the disease path.
What didn't work in the past
1. Eating from 6 am to 10 pm, More than 6-9 times a day. Or less than 2 times a day. 3 times a day works for me.
2. Eating WW frozen enchiladas and skinny cow ice creams- HEY, LOW POINTS. I ate about 250 grams of carbs a day, but low fat.
No wonder I almost was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. On points "friendly" diet junk food. Ughhhhhhhh!!!! All the NOPES. Whut the heck was I thinking? Anything to keep food addiction alive. Today, thinking about this makes me sad. I know many are hooked, food junkies.
3. Sleep was 4-6 days during the week day, thinking I could catch up during the weekends. Doesn't work like that.
4. I was accepted as a WW obese person. But I felt terrible, lots of physical and mental pain. Be sure to follow your blood markers, your pain levels and disease remission. It's fun to make franken food with fake ingredients, but it does cost in the long run.
That's it. Onward. Don't wait until it's too late. Your kidney, liver, eyes, hands, and feet will thank you.