1. Dates: January 13 to March 13, 2016
2. What: Egg elimination, 60 days.
3. Question: Are eggs an allergy or a sensitivity for me?
My past: I did 2 other egg free challenges, one close to 30 days and one 14 days prior to the 2016 challenge.
Why: I reintroduced, I may have had some GI issues (too slow!) that I wanted to ignore. Or not. Not sure.
Deeper Whys :
This year, one of my goals is to lean into the Wahl's Paleo Plus (currently I'm eating close to this template, modified with eggs) The WPP is strictly egg free, so I'd like to join my brothers and sisters in the Wahl's protocol more closely.
I don't have MS, but I have a parent who did for 25+ years. The WPP works great for my weight management. It also works great for my post Auto Immune Thyroid Disease (Hashimotos). The WPP is suspiciously close to the food template I found post weight loss.
My binge urge switch is off, off, off, and off some more when I eat Wahl's Paleo Plus. After 40 years of binge eating and 5+ years of food sobriety, the WPP is a great gift.
1. I've not had a great lower GI time since the 11/17/2015 gluten exposure. Taking probiotics now.
2. I'm laying off the fermented foods for now and most fish, and homemade bone broth, due to getting kicked out of being the histamine normal control (I'm a paid donor, missing my extra blood donation $$ ;) )
3. Same GI symptoms as when I reintroduced eggs immediately.(after 3+ years of normal, slow is not cool)
4. Joint pain on and off, there and there. Not sure if eggs are the reason. I would like to know. Could be the extra 5 pounds I'm attempting to lose? And, as you know, losing weight close to goal is slooooooow for many.
5. Sinus swelling/allgery Symptoms- I have some of those. Ready to get back to histamine normal. $$ :)
What am I eating for breakfast:
A. Chicken thighs with mole sauce
B. Ground lamb with shallots, garlic, and mint
C. Chicken thighs with curry soup, lime and cilantro
D. Chicken thighs with guacamole and garlic sea salt.
D. Left overs from last night (grass fed beef) with fewer veggies
That's the scoop. I'm only on day 4, and because I got used to being egg free two other times, I'm finding this egg elimination mentally easy.
Once you do elimination diets for your health, it's just a matter of pulling up your big girl pants and getting your challenge done.
What didn't work in the past
1. Gluten and dairy and low fat caused me to have massive GI issues in the other direction- too fast and massive GI upset- lower and upper.
2-5 Gluten and dairy caused a lot of GERD and I took proton pump inhibitors for awhile. Oh, and the joint pain was massive. I was in tears at the end of the day just looking at the stairs in my townhouse.
Moderating ALL the foods. That did not work for my binge eating and kept me hooked into food addiction.
Are any of my blogging friends egg free?
|Chicken thighs with avocado and garlic sea salt = egg free breakfast|