Starting weight: 187.4
Goal Range: (113-119) OR (119-121)
Current weight : 121.4 lbs
Time in maintenance: 3 years, 11 months
Menopause: 2 years
Auto-Immune Hashimotos: 1997
Food Addict in recovery: 5+ years
Current food template: Paleo, Low Carb Higher Natural Fat, Ketosis, modified AIP/
modified Wahl's Paleo Plus protocol.
What my current food looks like on instagram
Weight: I haven't lost all the weight from my gluten exposure, but I am sustaining 1 pound lower this month. I take this as a win.
By February 2016, I expect to be back to my pre-glutening weight.
Here's what's working
1. Keeping my carbs low- total carbs in the 20 or some days, 30-40.
2. Walking slightly less. Yes, weight loss means I dial back anything that looks like chronic cardio. This does not mean I'm sitting on my butt, I'm staying active with less miles. 4-5 miles instead of 5-7 miles a day, walking. Not shabby. House projects, standing desk, and keeping my strength training at the gym.
Too much cardio= inflammation and a spare tire around my middle, even in weight maintenance. With weight loss, well, there won't be weight loss if I don't cool it with the cardio.
I can go back to longer mileage in the spring. If I walk more I eat more. No big deal, but weight loss happens easier for me with 30-60 minutes of activity. Weight maintenance is easier with 60+ active minutes.
3. Monitoring my blood sugar more often.
I've had a few higher readings here or there. Say mid-90's 2 hours post. Nothing earth shattering, but I'll be keeping a close watch on higher starch foods like white onions. A little n=1.
Good thing I've been monitoring or I would have had type 2 diabetes by now.
What didn't work in the past
0. Avoiding weighing in regularly so I could binge eat.
1. Eating 200+ carbs a day from frozen "healthy" dinners and expecting a lean body.
2. Chronic cardio- hours at the gym. I ate more and I had lots of calorie in calorie out fails.
3. I never monitored my sugar and hoped I could get away with eating sweets. I thought I didn't have to deal with it until I was "older". LOL
Hope you are all well. Please know that you can change what foods you put in your
It would not be an update without graphs. Because data is king....