Friday, October 31, 2014
Happy Halloween 2014- Fun sized candy bars weren't really fun
Fun sized candy bars always lead to not so fun sugar binges that could last from 2-3 days to 2-3 months. Binge eating on sugar and the resulting obesity was not fun.
Side effects :Migraine headaches, buying larger clothes, having higher fasting glucose, being ashamed, feeling terrible was not fun.
Only the junk food manufactures think "fun" sized candy bars are "fun". I don't buy that message anymore.
Here's to celebrating with real food and celebrating my 4th Halloween Food Sober. That's a lot more fun.
If you can moderate fun sized candy bars. Awesome. If you cannot, you are not alone.
Here's what's working for me today
1. Abstaining from grains and processed sugar
2. Enjoying lower health care bills and $0 spent on my deductible
3. Normal glucose levels ( fasting 81 upon waking)
4. Day, week, month long food sobriety
5. Enjoying creative costumes
6. Cinnamon in my black coffee for flavor of the season
Here's what didn't work in the past:
1. Trying to moderate Fun Sized Candy bars because they worked into my WW points values
2. Higher $$ spend on my health care bills because I was sick more often in the fall.
3.Fasting glucose values of 96 and higher after moderating those fun sized candy bars
4. Fun sized candy bars and my binge brain setting me up for 2-3 months holiday binging
5. Being more focused on the candy than the costumes
6. Having the flavors of the processed foods hijack the flavors of real food.
Safe travels and stop and think how you will choose your "Fun" today. Choose your fun from a place of strength, courage, and wellness.