Saturday, January 18, 2014
Keeping my strength commitment- Jan 2014
1. Gym, increasing weights consistently, 2x per week.
2. Taking Jr. Family member with me. Fun!
3. Keeping my gym clothes downstairs and in plain sight
4. Putting stickers on my calendar.
5. Downloading some iTunes for reward.
What didn't work in the past
1. Stopped going to the gym when life got tough
2. Thinking I couldn't work out at home when my daughter was younger
3. Not organizing prior to my gym day with clothes
4. Not developing a "rewards" system for my 2nd grade brain!
5. Rewarding with FOOD. Ugh. Not so effective...
I had a look at my gym attendance records over the last year and I can see that after about 2-3 months, I could notice the difference in muscle tone.
Due to bone strength and family history, I'm super motivated to make this a life shifting habit in 2014. Next steps are to advance in weight and see out a gym for basic movements so that as I increase weight and free weights that I have movement down pat to avoid injury.
I'm going to try blogging shorter topics/length 2-3 times per week. The weather has been awesome in So. Cal. I've been knocking out house projects and and getting outside as soon as possible. Sadly the long term results for our environment won't be so awesome for the water emergency called in the state and the effects this summer.
I caught this surfer, the dolphins surfacing, this sail boat and post sunset on my way home from work last night. Great way to get my last 3,000 steps in for the day. So fortunate!