Here's what is working for me right now.
1. Lots of outdoor walking due to the warmer weather in So. Cal. I grew up in central Indiana. I thank my lucky stars for each day of sun. (Moonlight Beach, Encintias)
2. Eating lower in my carb range ( my weight was shifting higher for understood reasons)
3. Keeping a clean food template- very clean.
4. Sleeping super well because of steps 1-3.
5. Body fat % seems lower, so says cheap scale and clothing. Amazing! See steps 1-4
6. Infection from late November gone!
What's not going as well as I would like:
1. Leaky plumbing ( I caught it super fast, plumber is scheduled) and having to clean out under the sinks and around all the plumbing so that all items can be inspected (so much for Christmas wrapping!).
2. Stabbing pain in my ear. Anti-biotics doing a funky number on my GI track.
3. Home cooking and walking 10,000 plus steps and dealing with 1 & 2 plus work requires a lot more dynamic planning. This too, will pass.
4. So even though my weight reached my 119 "scream" weight zone, the belly fat is low, I feel pretty lean despite the higher numbers. My strength training could be better, so I'm focusing on keeping that in sight and time prioritizing is EVERYTHING. With leaky plumbing and the ear, I'm giving myself a high five for powering through this.
I weighed in at 117.8 this AM. I can look back and see my ear infection probably started right around 12/4/2013 or so.
Just super glad that my slightly puffy face did not have anything to do with a worse condition. I'm tracking my food at My Fitness Pal so that I can either eat higher protein and a little lower fat OR eat a little higher fat, and around 30-40 grams of carbs for a low level ketosis.
To be honest, I don't have an exact idea how I'll lose weight in my fat adapted state (my weight loss days were on a commercial diet plan) but something will emerge from my Paleo template. It's kind of fun to experiment around. Getting off the anti-biotics and getting my gut bacteria back will be key.
Either way sleeping well is going to help me this week. Prioritizing my health and dealing with life helps, too.
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm marching onward and NOT eating off the rails. No emotional/binge urges. None. Awesome! I did develop a new way of dealing with the massive foods brought into work. (next blog post) And, I'm working on an awesome project for the blog for 2014 that I'll reveal closer to the end of 2013. :)
|"Snow" on Moonlight Beach, Encinitas, CA|