Highest Weight: 187.4
Current weight 117.0
Goal Range: 113-117
Years trying to get here: 40
Menopause: Yes, 4 months now.
Okay, I had guest photographers for my 22 month update and I don't have a full side photo, but these will do.
November 2013 was tricky. I had to navigate more challenges.
Gluten exposure (envelopes! who knew?), GI bug (mild), secondary infection (ugh!!!)
|Winter Weight 2013|
1. Daily weighing: Yep! higher weights and all. It's data.
2. Using sponge to close envelopes.
3. Dialing back my walking to 7.500 steps.
4. Going to the nurse practitioner immediately when I knew I needed antibiotics.
5. Staying on track on vacation/holiday.
The nurse practitioner told me I had the blood pressure of a 16 year old. (98/62). Awesome! Told her it was my good, low-inflammatory diet. She agreed. Nice to see more people in the medical field that "get it". A win, even though I was feeling a bit funky. Made my day.
Before I knew I was sick, I automatically had dialed back my walking. It didn't seem right to walk more than that. I went with my gut. Great to use my natural radar. Also a win for the month.
What Didn't work in the past:
1. Not weighing in
2. Not connecting the gluten exposure factors.
3. Using sick time to "feed" myself high carb snacks for comfort.
4. Waiting to go to the doctor to see if I could "get better on my own".
5. Using a vacation/holiday to eat whatever I wanted, mostly junk/comfort food.
|May 2011 to Dec 2013, 22 months in maintenance|
|No sticking my head in the sand! Guess what sticks out...?|
|Taking care of myself, resting when needed.|
|I'm out of here! Back to regular life...|