Highest Weight : 187.4
Current Weight: 115.2
Goal range: 113-117
Time in goal weight range: 1.5 years
Time it took to get to maintenance 40 years.
Feeling: Like I found the fountain of youth, better than my 20's
Food: Mostly Paleoish template of my own making
Exercise: 10, 000 steps a day
Strength: 2 times a week
What is working:
1. Eating whole, real foods that are the best for my body, eliminating those that are not.
2. Eating 3 meals a day, not eating for emotional or soothing reasons
3. Bring my own food as much as possible, saves money, tastes good and gluten free
4. Reading, learning, thinking & support- this part is never ending
5. Relaxing- photos, good sleep, hiking
1. Eating packaged foods with sugar/wheat, cereal and bagels.
2. Eating at anytime of the day, lots of snacking on processed foods, eating to numb out.
3. Eating out and over eating
4. Not being able to keep what worked, discard what did not.
5. Not being able to do as many active hobbies due to the weight
Yep! A year and a half. If I could do cartwheels without injuring myself, I would. I had no idea that this style of eating and exercise and life would lead beyond weight maintenance to overall health.
The last two months have been the hardest, changes, work, menopause! Whoa. and Wow. I did okay.
It's easier with the clean eating. Much easier. NOT easy, but easier than triggering myself in the overeating loop. Whew. A big thanks to Dr. Barbara Berkeley, MD and her book Refuse to Regain. Once I was able to customize the suggestions in the book, I was able to change my habits and processes. It was much more difficult to try to follow the moderation strategies. Key learning.
If you or anyone is 20 pounds or less before goal weight and/or in the first year of weight maintenance- get that book. Customize to fit your circumstances. So worth it.
What a year of weight maintenance looked like for me. I reversed a trend/gain. See it? Off to do those cartwheels even if in my mind's eye.... Onward.
|8-3-2012 to 8-3-2013|