Monday, April 30, 2012

Almost 3 month maintenance check-in 4/30/2012


Almost month 3, but not quite.

Weight: Exactly at maintenance- 72.4 pounds down

Holding steady. Feeling great.

I had excellent success cooking and eating on a short vacation. Things that helped me stay on track were:

1. Bringing my own food
2. Finding a Farmer's Market and buying farm fresh eggs, heirloom tomatoes
3. Staying in an affordable hotel, with kitchenette, to make my own breakfasts and snacks
4. Taking time off for myself.
5. Hiking and walking for exercise (that was my time off)

It's all good. And much easier to hike in the heat with 72+ pounds off. Still eating mainly Primal/Paleo with a few Medifast Meals thrown in for my 10% of my diet that isn't Primal/Paleo.

My 90 days of Opting out, as described in Barbara Berkeley's "Refuse to Regain" book will be over May 25. I have to say, things are going so well, I don't see any reason not to continue. The Primal template seems sustainable. Excellent!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! We learned the trick about finding places with kitchens/kitchenettes a long time ago and it has been a lifesaver. Not to mention helps a lot keeping travel/vacation within budget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for maintaining, particularly with a vacation in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I think that you are doing a great job - maintenance is a process of learning the balance that can carry you forward the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Diane, Sharon,and Karen. I'm so glad to have arrived in this place. It's a lot of work cooking, but so worth it in terms of being able to maintain comfortably, without feeling "on the edge" of regaining. Whew! It's my 3rd (and final) attempt at long term maintenance. Now to sustain! :)

    ReplyDelete