Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weight Maintenance 2.5 months

This is week 10 for my weight maintenance, post Take Shape for Life and eating a Primal/ Paleo style diet.

Weight:
Holding steady at 73.4 pounds lost and maintained
Variation is +/- about 3 pounds or so during a week
I did have 5 days at my highest weight maintenance zone this last week, but have dropped down.

Plan:
90 day Opt out from the book Refuse to Regain by Barbara Berkley, MD.

Basically, I eat 90% Primal/Paleo diet template, sticking on the leaner side of things, except I use healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, macadamia nuts, and occasionally almonds. Lots of protein, veggies, 2 fruits a day, and limited healthy fats and oils.

 My customization of the template of Primal/Paleo:
I also added in some whey protein for an occasional smoothie.  For sweeter items- dried fruit- dates, golden raisins, some 85-90% chocolate- a very small amount, and finally a Medifast Meal here and there.

Upsides of life: I feel great and like I can maintain long term, added in light weight training over the last few weeks, trying new recipes like a Crustless Breakfast Quiche (recipe to follow)


Downsides of life: some work and life stress, but nothing that I can't face. Lots of time cooking and meal prep, and washing that mountain of dishes that results. ;) And, nothing that I haven't chosen to deal with by overeating. Total choice, just a lot easier by having had opted out by not introducing non-primarian foods. I'll finish my 90 day opt out period May 25, 2012 and go from there.

Life is good. Totally committed to my new normal and way of life. Just happy I'm finding the new way sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment