I'm still maintaining 65.6 pounds. Not 70, but heyyyyyy after 7+ years, almost 8 years of food sober living. This is great. I'm living a great life, no complaints here. I was a child with obesity in the 1970's. I'm living my dream life. Just saying!!! So happy and proud of myself.
What's working for me
1. Abstaining from my trigger foods
- Grains, nuts, emulsifiers like guar and xanthan gum
2. Tracking my weight daily
- stopped tracking my food but getting back to it now. Volume creep is a thing for me.
- Not binge eating tho,
- but overall better results with tracking
3. Managing my stress. Holy Crap, just cycled through some usual stressors
- Life stresses happen, no need to sooth with food
4. Recovered from the first real cold of 2018-2019. No cold products used.
- (first episodes were actually allergies in late 2018 due to wind/pollen/spores).
5. Dairy free
- should ward off any sinus infections, because dairy was associated with my sinus infections.
6. Listened to epic podcasts including Bret Scher, MD- aka the Low Carb Cardiologist on the HPO podcast.
- EVERYBODY needs a little Low Carb Cardiologist in their life, well, okay, this is only my 2 cents, but I do love his podcasts and interviews on other podcasts.
7. Meat off the bone, since Dr. Scher gave us some good talking points and I don't have to fear cholesterol in animal products
- I know from my small ion mobility cholesterol panel, my CAC score, and my CIMT results that my heart attack risk is low.
- Something about meat off the bone gives me good satiety signals. I feel awesome!
- I use the hashtag #yest2meat if eating meat has helped you stay in weight maintenance
What didn't work for me in the past:
1. Moderating all foods, foods with fake sugar that may have triggered my binge eating
2. Avoiding the the scale and pretending I wasn't gaining weight. LOL. Not effective
3. Using sweets and binge eating to sooth myself during work stress, didn't work, got fat pants. SAD.
4. My colds lasted for 3+ weeks ending in sinus infections and cold products.
5. Dairy caused a sinus infection after every cold. I do not miss antibotics & the headaches and pain
6. I used to live in a low fat, WW echo chamber. Podcasts keep me up to date and learning more
7. I used to be afraid of protein. Now I eat either lean protein and meat of the bone to meat my body comp goals. No fear, animal protein is here to stay in my life. I had no idea I had to include it to balance my hungry/full hormones. I was too busy choosing low point WW processed soy products.
Graphs, cool photos and onward into another month. May will mark 8 years of food sober living. Yay!
Hope you are all well. Part 2 of the food addiction series- my take aways is the next topic.
|Shredded beef, pumpkin seeds, avocado, carrots Paleo, Low Carb Salad|
|Swami's Meditation Gardens, Encinitas, CA|
|Cat Sphinx Calendar, with tortitutde|