Saturday, April 14, 2018

6 years, 2 months long term weight maintenance 2018- Solid State!!!






















Photos or it didn't happen.. LOL. 

I'm proud of myself for the month of March and for early April 2018. Solid state weight maintenance. Slightly higher plateau than my "best" weight maintenance range. I'll take a steady weight maintenance over a pivot, trend, or just out of control weight gain any day. Because my obesity really, really wants to come back. 


March and early April 2018 brought a mild cold and some big stresses. Nothing that couldn't be managed, though. Without over eating due to stress. With food choices that work. With 18:6 fasting. With a lot of walks at the beach. 


April 2018: I've connected with a new Low Carb San Diego group. Once I vet them out for not being a sales funnel or anything too funky, I'll blog about it. On the light side so many great groups and on the dark side so many folks selling books, products, and stuff without solid claims. 

Keep with the peeps getting results. That promote sane solutions. Start by not chasing ketones. Start by chasing results. Truth!

Oh, and my first DEXA scan soon. Hmmm. I'm a data geek so facing bone loss or needing to decrease my body fat % is nothing to hide. I may not blog about my results right away... 

Cat photo: Double Tortititude


What's working now
1. Daily weighing
2. Recording food intake on My Fitness Pal
3. Monitoring my activity on Fitbit
4. Meditation 4-5 days per week
5. LCHF, Keto, 18:6 fasting most days

What didn't work in the past
1. Not weighing in often
2. Not recording my food intake
3. Not monitoring my activity
4. Using food to soothe feelings
5. Eating low fat, high carb, low points snacks that were candy bars in reality!



DATA is KING, Queen and the court. 

Time in weight maintenance 6 years, 2 months

Starting weight 187.4 lbs

Goal Range 113-125  lbs 
2017 best Goal Weight Range 113 to 116
2018 accepted goal weight ranges 113 to 119

Current Weight  117.4  lbs
Keeping off    70  lbs



Age 51
Menopause 4+years
Hashimotos 20+ years
Height 5'1"

2018 Stats
BMI  today (mid April)   22.3
BMI  ave  March             22.4   
BMI ave Feb                    22.2
BMI ave January             22,2

2017 Stats    
BMI ave December 22.0
BMI ave November 21.9

Graphs, there will be graphs.







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing what's going on with your weight and life right now. I think it's great that you are staying the course despite seeing a higher trend in your weight. That is something I can relate to. And staying the course with stress is huge, as well. I am convinced now that low carb is the way to go. It truly is.

    I've recently lost a few pounds by adopting a much cleaner diet than I have in the past and by adding in a few long walks each week. I'm still not doing the HIiT workouts I like or lifting like I would want to do (I'm restricted). My clothes are getting looser--thank goodness!--though I'm a bit softer than I would like to be. But that's okay given my health right now. I am trending lower and have not gained copious amounts of weight. It really is worth it to take care of ourselves. I continue to be amazed at how sugar and poor eating pervades our society. It really is not hard to take control of our eating, but so many are resigned to a world of sugar and grains.

    I look forward to additional information you might choose to share about the Dexa Scan. It's something I'd like to get done in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love, love, love the cats!!!! I saw your picture on instagram. Mine is getting excited that the weather is warming up. She won't go outside (wouldn't survive for a minute because she'd be too scared), but she adores her window perch I've set up for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been an inspiration to me and seeing your long term goal maintainence continues to inspire me.
    I too, have lost some of the weight I gained but I am walking daily, weighing daily, keeping up with my food on Cronometer.
    I used to use my fitness pal but I didn't like some of their features. I have been low carb for 11 years and gluten free for 38 years due to Celiac Disease. My highest weight was 160 pounds when I was Vegan. Now I am 144. My gaol is 115-120. I am 5'3" and have a small frame. All that said I am constantly told I don't need to lose weight, but I believe most people don't know what normal weight looks like anymore. Love the Kitties, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. Love the data.

    We are back in snow and cold . . .

    ReplyDelete