Wednesday, May 3, 2017

6 year celebration of food sobriety- pleased, but powering onward- May 2017

6 years of Food Sobriety 2011 to 2017
I'm 6 years food sober today.

May 3, 2017.

Six years.

I know it's earned, not a given.

What's working now

 1. I eat 3 meals a day ( a few days a 4th)

2. I fast 17:7 or 18:6 most days (not all)

3. I abstain from my trigger foods
(grains, most sugars, guar and xantham gums, nuts)

4. I eat a Paleo, Low Carb, sometimes Keto food template

5. I exercise and sleep on a schedule (most of the time)

6. I get abstaining based support when needed.

7. I'm honest with myself (sometimes I lapse)

8. I'm honest and have trained myself to catch slippery slope thinking, reversing that ASAP.

What didn't work in the past:
1. Ate all day, all the time and at night many times
2. I only went 1-2 hours wihtout eating
3. I moderated all my trigger foods because I was told I had to or I would binge eat (Ughhh!)
4. I ate the Standard American Diet, low fat diet products, and sugary foods.
5. I thought I moved a lot, but was sedentary
6. I didn't seek the right support system- moderation made my food addiction worse.
7. I wasn't honest about how much I was eating and that I was getting sick a lot.
8. I sunk further and further into slipperly slope thinking so I could get food high.

To anyone out there who has helped me, thank you.  Thank you very much.

I feel that food sober living is easier than food addiction, so I will stay living in food sobriety for another meal.

Next up, May 2017 check-in and that poop post for our blogger friend. LOL. Onward.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats. Your biggest strength is you learned. You did not assume you knew. You experimented with an open and scientific mind. That is very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking it Karen - well done on 6 years. I'd like to say I'm coming up to six years (Oct 2011 we started) but I've strayed a little along the way. That didn't pay off well for me at all and I'm back to better control these days. It's the only way to go for me, my health suffers too much when I don't eat well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on 6 years Karen ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete