|May 2011 and June 2014|
Down to business:
Starting Weight : 187.4
Current Weight: 117.4
Goal Weight Range: 113-118
Years weight has been off: 2 years, 4 months
Years trying to stop yo-yoing: 40
Menopause: yes! under one year.
Yeah, May 2014. It was kind of a tough month.
|Feb 2012 and June 2014|
2. So Cal Fires: Mid-May. they came close, but my house is still standing. I can't thank the first responders, my neighbors, and friends enough. Whew!
3. Plumbing repairs/upgrades. Yep! Needed to happen proactively. I know what happens when you ignore. Too many signs of history repeating itself. Amazon Prime ships Toto low flush toilets. Just saying.....
4. Add in regular home life, work, a few days of positional vertigo, plus a house re-finance. Yay for lower interest rates. Boo for spinning rooms. It's all fine now.... I'm fortunate in many ways. Being sick reminds me I work hard to stay well most days. Chicken bone broth for the WIN!
5. I started a meditation practice from the book 8 Minute Meditation. So far so good...
I'm still standing, literally and figuratively. It's all good. I did have to work extra on keeping my eating in check this month. My stinking thinking could have come back quickly. I can see how and why weight re-gain can happen, and quickly.
I'm still sustaining a 1 pound loss from April 2014, overall. Getting sick the last week of May 2014 helped me kick my motivation into high gear. I can see how very easily I could have tumbled right into a slow, steady re-gain had I been ignoring the scale. It doesn't take much. I'll be watching June like a hawk! May was just one of those months! It could be better, it could be worse. See below the photos for my What's Working now list.
|My tortoiseshell cat says she posed for this statue. I don't believe her!|
What's working this month:
1. Getting support from a closer "fit" for my needs. Listening to gut feelings
2. Asking for help from friends
3. Being pro-active on house repairs (decreases stress/saves $$)
4. Having bone broth pre-made and frozen in the freezer.
5. Meditation, I think it will be good...
What didn't work in the past:
1. Staying too long with the same thing or a fit that wasn't right. Totally ignoring gut feelings
2. Not asking for help soon enough.
3. Ignoring rather than being pro-active on house repairs.
4. Reverting to high carb snacks when I'm sick. Which came first- the sickness or the health problems from high carb foods? Hmmmm...
5. Not taking time to quiet my mind....
Every day is a gift and the chance to grow, do something better, or not. Glad for strength to stand, think, choose, act and all those other verbs... ;)