Monday, May 26, 2014
Memorial Day 2014 - in Weight Maintenance
Remembering those who served our country and are no longer with us.
I'm taking today to do things that both need to be done ( house, errands, etc) and things I love to do (cook on template foods, walk, photography, garden)
One thing I won't be doing is going to any sort of Memorial Celebration "So I can eat all the food" I'm telling you, eating on my food template is so different than the old days of wanting to attend cook outs, pot lucks, etc so I could eat all the food. I would bake so I could serve it, then bring home the leftovers and eat some more. That was also a tradition of sorts.
Yesterday was race day. Indy 500. The greatest spectacle in racing. I grew up in Central Indiana and the Indy 500 is a huge tradition. So are BBQ's, sweet corn, potato chips, tomatoes, deviled eggs and strawberry short cake.
Fat Guacamole Devils . Maybe some fresh blueberries. All food on template. Still the flavors of the season. But without all the sugar/grains/triggers.
Loving the new normal!
What is working
1. Sticking to a no-sugars, no grains, low inflammation food template.
2. Eating on that food template, but buy in season food that is on my food template.
3. Making new traditions that fit with my current health and wellness goals.
What did not work:
1. Moderating summer picnic foods and high irritation foods like- corn on the cob!
2. Eating off template foods because it was a special holiday and I won't see this "holiday" for another year...
3. Keeping old traditions alive, even though it made me sick.
Safe travels today and always.