Monday, October 21, 2013

Nice to want to be in photos again- being present in weight maintenance

10/20/2013 Tide pools, favorite place
I take a lot of photos. It's just nice to want to BE in photos finally. I went to try to find a similar before photo and could not, because I spent a lot of time hiding from the camera. The photos are there in others collections, but in my own collection, I deleted the "big pictures" in a quick click. Denial mile.

Now I ask for my photo to be taken. Glad to be in a better place and be present.

What works
1. Being photographed

What didn't work
1. Deleting photos and thinking I could hide.

It's so worth the work. No processed sugar, no grains, lots of life in living.  To be present in life.  Onward.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, we are absolutely identical in this. Totally and completely.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way. I love having my picture taken now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't like the camera, but I don't delete pictures anymore unless they are fuzzy or the expression on my face is completely idiotic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have many "before" photos ... I would delete them too. I still struggle, even though I've lost (not to goal yet, but getting close) I still don't feel like pictures capture what I see in the mirror. I just don't feel photogenic. I'm actually in the process of writing a post on this topic for tomorrow (just tips on how to present better in pictures, hopefully I can incorporate them into my own life!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gwen, Debbi, and Caron. Jen B, I still struggle to this day with some photos. I have a lot of loose skin, so some photos look like I still may be 20-30 pounds overweight. Sometimes, the compression factor of the clothes or the style make a difference too. Good luck, it does take time for the mind to get caught up to the new body. I get what you are saying about the photos and the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm with you I've always loved being around tide pools.....

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete