19 months weight maintenance. 1 month, 2 months, 3 months. Slight shift lower.
Highest Weight: 187.4
Current Weight: 115
Goal Weight Range: 113-117
Months in weight maintenance: 19 months
Each month that I've gone since I eliminated nuts, I feel better and better. I've been eating pretty big plates of food 3X per day. This is probably the most I've ever eaten at meals and felt satisfied afterwards. Very few urges to eat emotionally, even when stressed. Sleep is pretty good, although the hot weather is making it tough (no air conditioning here)
This is the absolute longest in my life I've ever not gained 5-10 pounds and/or struggled to maintain.
Glad I hit a cruising altitude, but I know that things can change up without warning. So I continue, Onward. It is not easy, but it is getting easier right now.
What is working:
1. Real whole foods, no grain, no processed sugar, low inflammatory food template.
2. Exclusion of nuts even for coating protein and sauces (pesto).
3. Using the pedometer to get to 10,000 steps + most days. Taking lots of photos.
4. Weighing in every day and recording my weight at My Fitness Pal. Metrics, graphs, YES!
5. Eating 3 meals a day, most days.
6. Not tracking my food, but eating LOTS of good, in season food. Full most of the time.
7. Keeping what works: I have no plans for intuitive eating EVER. Really... I know better from past attempts. Because my brain still can send faulty signals. Not my fault but my responsibility to manage the whole process. That's okay. I accept it and I move onward.
|September 3, 2013|
What did not work in the past:
1. Eating grains, processed sugar, eating in moderation and eating high inflammatory foods.
2. Eating nuts and not connecting the dots to the 2 pound overnight weight gains. Elimination of a food can be tricky.
3. Not walking at lunch time.
4. Avoiding the scale. Major ostrich move for me. Metrics, I need them.
5. Eating 5-6 meals a day while eating processed foods. (note: I did okay during weight loss eating 5-6 times a day)
6. Not connecting the Standard American Diet with the broken "I'm full signals" and being sooooo afraid of higher fat natural foods like avocados, olive oil, and some coconut oil.
7. I did not (or could not) honestly evaluate what eating style was most effective.
I feel so much better now!
Okay, current photos...
|Super awesome meditation gardens, Swami's, Encintias, CA|
|Lamb chops, mixed veggies. Cooking with lamb is new for me|
|Awww, a large rabbit eating some verbena|
|I found an owl box, the rabbit should hurry|