|Coffee pot is is camouflage for this tortoiseshell.|
Happy Coffee Day 2012!!! I'm celebrating, the kittens are celebrating. Life is good!
Coffee has played a part in my weight loss and weight maintenance, in my opinion.
What works for me:1. Drinking coffee in the morning (YES, please). I'm a morning person, I'm going 100 miles an hour, but I tend to be grumpy and get a headache without my morning 2 cups.
2. Using coffee to socialize, relax, & treat myself. (Black coffee only- no fancy drinks!). Nothing better than grabbing a cup of coffee and reading at a local coffee house or going for a stroll on the beach. Love the beach & coffee culture. Fortunate to have it year round.
3. A good cup of coffee can fill a gap before it is time to eat.
4. In the evening, I use a cup of decaf coffee as a signal to stop eating. And, ordering a cup of decaf is satisfying while others are ordering decadent deserts. My "stop eating" signal and choosing to forgo a large sweet bomb keeps me ending the day on a good note, and I wake up feeling even better. Awesome tool to know & use.5. I mostly make coffee at home, to save $$, but I do use black coffee as one of my only food treats, without problems.
6. Using the excuse "I'll want some grounds for my garden" and then heading out to a coffee shop. Heh, Heh, Heh. My plants do seem to like coffee grounds. Major points if you spot my slippery slope excuse to go out for coffee in this step. ;)
What doesn't/didn't work for me:
1. Drinking regular coffee past 3-4 messes with my sleep.
2. Drinking coffee beverages with more than black coffee.
3. Drinking coffee and thinking I deserve a biscotti, cookie, or other "treat" I gave that up for weight loss & maintenance.
4. Making sure the lid is placed on a paper cup so the sipping hole on the lid is away from the cup seam. If the drinking hole is right over the cup seam, it becomes a dribble cup!!! If you place the lid on the cup over the non-seam area, you are good to go, no drips. Try it, it works. You are welcome!
Enjoy Coffee Day 2012! I raise my cup to you, cheers. Karen P.