Saturday, November 17, 2018

Fall 2018 Challenges in long term Weight Maintenance- an example of a 10 day gain, and plan to return to normal

Here's my Fall 2018 Change (temporary spike in the scale)

Challenge: My weight wants to come back. I will not let it.

Normal stuff: I had a touch of something- probably viral, could have been a mild UTI but now it's gone, feeling better but my weight spiked a couple of pounds, and now I return to my cruising weight.

Challenge was I wanted to drop a pound or two.  I get what I get. I do not throw a fit.


What works:
I do manage my food and thoughts. I track my weight.

I wait for the root cause to be dealt with ( in this case sleep and time, and food and scale monitoring.)

Outlook: I expect to be back to 120-122 level here in the next 10 days.

What didn't work in the past: 
As a food addict in recovery, at Halloween and now Thanksgiving, I could have used it as an excuse to go back to food addiction. 

I don't sit there and cry about it. I Keep Calm and Weight Maintenance ON!   KCWMO.


Keep calm and Weight Maintenance on!  Let your root cause analysis determine risk, actions, corrections, and any preventive measure.

Calming Sunset, Carlsbad CA 92011




Tortitude from the IKEA Winter Cat House

Next post, I've had a small change in eating, so I'll be talking about that.

Hope you are staying within your Food Sober living parameters this Thanksgiving. This will be my 8th food sober Thanksgiving. Loving it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being honest about your weight. I appreciate this post, Karen. Even seasoned maintainers like you go through rougher patches. And yes, I like what you say about not throwing a fit. I look forward to your next post on your change in eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretend I'm Bart Simpson.... I need to fast daily and early,
      I need to fast daily and early,
      It's easy to change up, but really, unless I'm sick or need a lipid blood draw, I need to stop eating by early afternoon. Using the Vora app to track. And electrolytes (Ultima and/or Natural Calm) and sparkling water (Topo Chico if I'm feeling rich!!!)

      Delete
  2. I love your attitude about the small spike on the scale!!! You’ve got it!!

    ReplyDelete