Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weight Maintenance 5 years 1 month check-in, not answering the food addiction knocking on the door...nobody's home


May 2011 to Feb 2017

May 2011 to Feb 2017





















Starting weight 187.4 lbs
Goal Range 115-125  lbs
Current Weight 115.6 lbs
Keeping off  71.8 lbs

Time in maintenance 5 years, 1 month

Age 50
Menopause 3+years
Height 5'1"
BMI 21.9
BMI ave this month 
BMI ave last month 21.6
Ave glucose (fasting & 2hr post this month = 73mg/dL)
Ave glucose (fasting & 2 hr post last month = 71 mg/dL)

Food Template:  Ketosis- mild and  LCHF Paleo, AKA- NSNG
Abstain from all grains, sugars*, dairy. Nut free, artificial sweetener free **
* 85% chocolate 1X per day
** Tiny bit of stevia in my Natural Calm

Food Timing or Time Restricted Eating Window or Intermittent Fasting 17:7

17 hours fasting (water only)
7 hours eating, 3 meals
Eat 6am Stop eating at 1 pm


Auto-Immune Hashimotos 1997, 100 ug Synthroid daily
Food Addict in Recovery: 5+ years
High Risk, but never diagnosed Type 2 diabetes

Walking 13,000-14,000 steps per day

Weight lifting 1-2 days per week, 

Sprints on the rowing machine 1 days per week OR stair sprints 

Stair Ave/day for the month 18 stairs (Apple Health Kit)

Oh boy! I've had an acute illness this whole week. Sigh. Separate blog post about that very soon. Happily, I have not let my food addiction back into my life. The FA is still knocking on the door, but I won't let it in at all.

A little voice that says, awwwww you're sick, it's a little painful, you should treat yourself to.....  That's when my recovery brain steps in and says you WILL treat yourself to FOOD SOBER living. And with that, I'm brought back to reality.

No matter what, I refuse to regain, to entertain food addiction and I stay on my food sober template. I need to  live free from FA or I  will die having let that disease back in is simply not an option. I won't let it be. All the nopes! There's almost no gray zone here. It's clarity vs disease in 60 seconds of slippery slope thinking.

Sometimes the food addition is more mentally painful than the disease and my acute disease is physically painful.......

I do think I'm transitioning to the chronic phase of the disease. March is my birth month and some of my birthday gifts to myself are books. I also got myself a membership on My Heritage (like Ancestry) for geneology. And, as luck has it, moderate to light walking really helps my condition.

I'm reading the Secret Life of Fat by Sylvia Tara, PhD.  I'm only a few pages in and I could have written the book. Seriously, that was me as a teen.



Follow me over on Instagram and watch my videos for chapter reviews. I'll blog about the book soon. I have a camping "papasan" chair (Costco <$40.00) that I call my chair of wisdom.



So all things given, I'm very fortunate. I choose THIS! I choose to eat well, move well, sleep well. The only thing is stress which probably got the better of me this time. But hey, I can and am working on that, too. I thought I had stress in the bag. Stress may take the most time for me to manage.

What's working 

1. Staying on my food template, even though I'm sick.
2. Taking time to sleep, read, rest, do hobbies that I love
3. Continuing Education into my obesity and Food Addiction diseases.
4. Fermented foods, helped me a lot this week.
5. Daily weighing and My Fitness Pall recording. It works. It's the lock on my food addiction door.


Here's what didn't work in the past

1. Using illness as an excuse to binge eat whatever I wanted- pooooooor baby, I deserved that Hostess Snowball and cinnamon toast. Doing that kept me sick for many years. I'm not a baby and to stay well, I need real food that is low inflammatory.

2. I didn't sleep enough or prioritize me.

3. I did work continuing education just fine, but I failed to prioritize my recovery in food addiction and weight maintenance.

4. I binge ate everything carby- toast with cinnamon and sugar, oatmeal, and it made me more sick.

5. I didn't weigh or track if I was sick. I thought a pass on the scale was treating myself well or kindly. No, it was sitting down and making my food addiction a cup of coffee and having a chat. It was slippery slope thinking.

Onward, to my graphs. I had a 1-2 pound weight gain with the illness and the drug for treatment. Still in my preferred weight maintenance range. Going low in my maintenance range has had a good outcome for me.










8 comments:

  1. I've wondered about you all week. Hope you are feeling better. Glad walking helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Vickie!!! I'm much better, but not 100% well either. I never would have guessed that light to moderate walking would help, but it does ,such a BONUS! I'll be working on the post later today and hope to get the post up early this next week.

      Fermented foods have helped with my meds, quite a bit. Sauerkraut for the WIN!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick this week, too, and have not used it as an excuse to eat poorly. I always enjoy reading your blog posts! I also enjoy hearing your voice on your Instagram stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mickie, thank you. Really glad that you are not giving into old habits. Both of us will recover faster with a good food template. Thanks again and hang in there. :)

      Delete
  3. Good to read your post ... although sorry to hear you've not been well.
    Hope you are back to 100% real soon.

    Take care

    All the bestJan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan, yeah, I'm on the mend, thanks. I feel so well normally that getting sick makes me very appreciative of my good health. More soon.

      Delete
  4. Hey. Did you get the 23&Me weight report yet? Min said, per my gene composition, my body's propensity is to weigh 182 pounds. :} It doesn't go into which genes/SNPs indicate what, but know that I have 2 copies of the "fat" gene. Fortunately, I have some normal weight variables, too. else I'd weigh 400 pounds! (I was the only fat person in my immediate family growing up.)

    These kind of reports always make me feel better. So nice to know that the fat is not simply a result of weak character.

    Glad you're feeling better--and thank you for the tip to use 23&Me! Besdies the weight info, it saved me from getting a prescription that would have been a bad thing. I was able to request a substitute for it before I learned the hard way.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb-Yes!!! LOL. My body's propensity is 141. I'm just glad I took my food template into my own skills and put my genetic risk a lot lower. Sadly, on the FTO gene, are lots of type 2 diabetes genes. Happily it's one stop shopping and I can put my risk of type two in the very low category.

      Yes, finding out I was genetically predispositioned for childhood obesity- that really helped me heal from all the horrible things kids AND adults said to me. I didn't know, they didn't know. Ugh.

      Glad you are managing what genes you can. I've found I can keep myself really well that way. Hoping the same for you.

      Delete