Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Be yourself, always!
If I had to sum up the last 3.75 years ( loss and maintenance and recovery), I'd say a good sense of self:
Bold = more important.
Recovery from what I now know to likely be Food Addiction- Well, It's been a real tough thing to navigate. I'm a pretty positive person, so I don't b*tch about how hard it is sometimes. I let my pity party last 1-2 minutes max. I've had other things that I've overcome that have been harder. It's all relative. I wouldn't wish anything like this on anyone.
Addictions kill. Food addiction is deadly. Not everyone lives to tell, so I figure, best to think positively about the whole thing. I'm still standing.
(YES, a licensed PhD told me to get off sugar and wheat/grains in 2002- but without the "selves", I did not stand on my own.) Better late than never! That's a real WIN!
Being yourself is very good and will lead to great things. That is a special gift. You have special gifts to share. Here's to finding what works for you and leaving the rest behind.
Besides, I'm short, wear glasses and can't spell worth BEANS! (loose, lose.... hey! I weigh less.... yeah.... LOL! Have some fun, laugh... life is short.... more humor!) Here's to each of us finding our way and finding what we need.
There is no one right way, but there are about 3-4 ways that will work better for you.
Onward..... Oh, and this IS filler material because.
1. This Sanderling bird photo ROCKS and I'm itching to use it. If I look in the mirror, only myself is staring back. Nobody else. I'm responsible. FOCUS!
2. I decided to do a re-take on my 3 year maintenance anniversary photos after getting less than fabulous reviews on my originals from Jr. Family Member.- LOL. She was right!!!
3. I may be feeling better and MAY have beaten getting a sinus infection!
4. I probably just jinxed myself but I get 3 free Tele Doc visits. Instead of Doc-in-the-Box I can have Doc-in-the-Computer! Just like Max Headroom.... 80's reference..., but long story short, I'll cave in for antibiotics if I can't kick this stuff. OMG. My health care deductible $$ costs are through the roof. I must stay well, I must stay well, I must stay well
What works for me:
1. Looking in the mirror
2. Sleeping instead of sweating a blog post.
3. Trying no antibiotics and staying off dairy, really it helps a lot!
4. Trying new resources and trying not to laugh if I think about Max Headroom.
What didn't work for me in the past:
1. Trying to be the moderate eaters at WW and a calorie/points only counter. Eating all the things
2. Staying up too late to blog, read blogs and TV.
3. Feeding my colds with all sorts of high carb comfort foods.
4. Thinking that all my physical symptoms were just a part of "getting older".
All righty! Here's to the next steps.....